Least favorite next generation system !

Xavier

Mid Boss
Again vote for your least favorvite system that you own !

I would have to say my Ranking latley from favorite to least :

Xbox

Dreamcast

Gamecube

Playstation 2

Why ?

Playstation 2, has weak graphics no real widescreen or hd capabilities and the system is constructed very poorly and breaks easily . Little to no pheriphels .

Gamecube, + awesome design some original nintendo only games - lack of second party license games titles .

Dreamcast, good selection of games , good graphics , awesome pherhals and most games can still be found new for hella cheap .- no longer really supported .

Xbox, 18 months ago would have been on the bottom of my list but due to lack of software suppost but :

Custom soundtracks , the best graphics , awesome hdtv support , optical sound out , built in harddrive , some original sega games , some people like hacking them as well .- not as many software crappy choices as ps 2

Sorry if this poll isnt new I tried to look threw the five pages of polls and didnt see anything and the three pages on the next gen forum as well .

PlayStation2 - I love it, has the best overall game selection, and has proved that in the right hands it can deliver amazing looking games such as Metal Gear Solid 2/3, Silent Hill 2/3/4, Burnout 3, Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, Gran Turismo 3/4, Devil May Cry, and many more.

GameCube - Very nice system, but with very little exclusive titles, still, those are worth buying the system alone (BIOHAZARD 4).

Xbox - Most powerful system, more exclusive titles than the GameCube, and with a lot of *extra* potential.

Dreamcast - Nowadays it is old, the graphics are not that impressive, still, at the time it was released, it was the greatest system ever. Great games and overall performance.

Well... I choose the Dreamcast as the one I like the least. Why? Because it is dated, and practically dead. Still, that does not mean that I did not love it when it was released.

I chose the XBox. Don't know why. Maybe becuase I'd only get one for DOA3, DOA Utlimate, and the Sega games. The size of the damn console is just.. :puke:

For me, it goes in this order:

Dreamcast

GameCube (Tie)

PlayStation 2 (Tie)

XBox

GameCube and PS2 switch a lot though.

Dreamcast - What can I say? Nothing more needs to be said about this system's greatness. I can see this as thenext Neo Geo. Maybe.... Worst Flaw: None

GameCube - Best Controller Ever! Great selection of first party titles. And for those who bitch and moan about the lack of games: First party is all you need, although some second party games (Rogue Squadron series, Eternal Darkenss) are good. Bio Hazard 4 > You. Worst Flaw: Lack of disc space for multi-platform titles.

PlayStation 2 - Let's see... Virtua Fighter (Duh...), Metal Gear, Devil May Cry, Gran Turismo, Zone of The Enders, Grand Theft Auto, Smackdown, SOCOM, Midnight Club. I offically take back what I said about PS2 having the worst library of the four. It's easily the second best. Worst Flaw: Load Times

XBox - Uh.. The huge size is a BIG turn off, although it has an all right library. DOA3, DOA Ultimate (DOA Volleyball shouldn't even exist..), Panzer Dragoon Orta, Otogi, Otogi 2, Jet Set Radio Future, Sega GT, Crazy Taxi, Project Gotham, and that's about it. Worst Flaw: Size, not that good of a library.

Hmm, everyone else is listing top to bottom, so:

1) Dreamcast

2) Xbox

3) PS2

4) Gamecube

Based off games more than hardware. Gamecube doesn't have a lot of exclusive stuff over the other systems that I really care about.

Edit: After reading Cloud's post, I'd also like to point out that the Gamecube has the worst controller I've seen yet from Nintendo, including N64.

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Sat, 2004-10-30 @ 07:33 PM

I chose the XBox. Don't know why. Maybe becuase I'd only get one for DOA3, DOA Utlimate, and the Sega games. The size of the damn console is just.. :puke:

[post=122077]Quoted post[/post]​

Why would size deter you from buying a console?

BIGGER IS BETTER!!!!!

my lil' list

1)XBOX - it just does so much for me. Ever since I modded the thing it has given me a complete media center in my living room that supports everything. That and it has Panzer Dragoon Orta on it, need I say more!

2)Dreamcast - This puppy is my second most played machine(xbox only beats it because my friends use it a lot) This system has given me so much love and games that I picked up for it thinking I'd get little from ended up giving it ALL!(can you believe I doubted Skies of Arcadia at first)

3)Gamecube - this machine has so much potential, games look great. If a game is multi-console I buy it for this. But it lacks in support in so many ways...

4) Playstation2 - Ive hated PS since the day it was released. Not because it crapped on the saturn(i didn't own one, i was still with my SEGACD all the way till DC) I just hated going to the store and finding 9 out of the 10 games sucking butt! This has massive support but that causes tons of crap to sift through. Its also poorly built and is home to this powerhouse RPG that makes dillusional, I wouldn't mind it that much except that whenever I play my rpg's people say, "BLEH, its not FF... do ya play FFX?!?!?!?"

NOOOOO m'fer's I HATE FFX... the game is a poor story puffed up with loads of filler and stupid video clips. The series has driven me insane since the beginning!

Hmmm, sorry any PS2 fans out there... but ya'll got duped!

Originally posted by lordofduct@Sat, 2004-10-30 @ 09:52 PM

Hmmm, sorry any PS2 fans out there... but ya'll got duped!

[post=122094]Quoted post[/post]​

And what if we liked the PS2 for reasons/ games other than RPGs?

PS2 gets my vote, simply because out of all of the next gen (this gen btw;)) systems, it has more games I have played and enjoyed, than the other consoles. Too bad I haven't played more than 3 GC games, and 0 XBOX games. Ha.. and I've played more DC games than PS2 games (perhaps 15 or so), except most of the DC games were sports/ racing (not that fond of)...oh, and the games which I like on the PS2 are all oldies - I haven't played anygame on the PS2 after the release of GTA3 and have probably played only a total of 12 PS2 games.

What can I say? Remarkable graphics don't appeal to me.

EDIT: Whoops, least favorite - bah, with all these "favourite" polls going around, who can blame me :lol: So yeah, least favorite is obviously XBOX, cause I haven't played any games for it! :banana :banana

i didnt make the comment that it was a winner for rpg's... i was saying the system has a ton of crappy games, INCLUDING, the crappy powerhouse RPG known as Final Fantasy.

I really havent got a favorite either way. It all depends on what I'm playing at the time.

At the moment I'm not using my GC much as I'm playing Outrun 2 on Xbox and Pro Evolution Soccer 4 on PS2. I'm mainly using my DC for homebrew stuff like Beats of Rage.

The GC will possibly go back to being my favorite again when Viewtiful Joe 2 and Resident Evil 4 come out.

If a game is multiformat I'll buy the GC version as I'd prefer Nintendo to get my money rather then the other two.

Originally posted by Jaded God@Sun, 2004-10-31 @ 01:02 PM

The ps2 was built like absolute shit... I am going to have to agree with most things duct said.

[post=122171]Quoted post[/post]​

So was the NES. But regardless of how the system was built, it ultimately comes down to the games.

And the games were full of shit. Some shining gems here and there, but most of it was quickly thrown together bugged up crap!

Originally posted by Supergrom@Sun, 2004-10-31 @ 09:47 PM

my NES still works after, what, 17 years?

[post=122202]Quoted post[/post]​

You lucky :) Mine ended up always needing a hefty blow or cleaning fluid. And sometimes hitting it would bring to to life. Same goes with my friends NES.

I have all four of those systems, and the one that gets played the least is the ps2. I imagine there are a lot of good PS2 games and such though. However, what turned me off the most about the PS2 was the loading times. Compare max payne on the ps2 to max payne on the xbox. The only next gen game system I play less than the ps2 is the GBA.

Also, the PS2 seems to have a big problem with breaking, right after the warranty, of course. One of my friends alone had to replace her ps2 twice. She called up Sony to complain about it. They wanted her to send them money to fix the unit. She made a remark something like "Oh, well, I was planning on buying my kids an XBOX anyway," and the guy on the phone said wait a minute and put her on hold. He came back a few minutres later and told her that he'd get the system fixed for her for free if she didn't buy an XBOX. So, they fixed or replaced it free. LOL

Least to most favorite:

1: GBA

2: PS2

3: Dreamcast

4: Gamecube

5: XBOX

You lucky Mine ended up always needing a hefty blow or cleaning fluid. And sometimes hitting it would bring to to life. Same goes with my friends NES

Heh.. At least you can play yours. Even with a new 72-Pin Adapter installed, I still have trouble. All I get is a blue screen ala if the game isn't pressed down.

Originally posted by Borisz@Mon, 2004-11-01 @ 07:45 PM

The PS2 is way too overhyped compared to its abilities, thus its my least favorite.

[post=122335]Quoted post[/post]​

Im very dissapointed in at least two members who voted for xbox when they even stated they dont own one it clearly states vote for youre least favorite system that you own . Cloud/Rolf :p

So lets say for instance you own just the gamecube and the dreamcast and you like your dreamcast better. The honest thing to do would be to vote for the gamcube .

I just got my xbox a few months ago and before I bought it I would have voted for it. Now that I own one and have played several games on it I can clearly see its the superior machine .

Originally posted by Xavier@Tue, 2004-11-02 @ 03:09 AM

Im very dissapointed in at least two members who voted for xbox when they even stated they dont own one it clearly states vote for youre least favorite system that you own . Cloud/Rolf :p

So lets say for instance you own just the gamecube and the dreamcast and you like your dreamcast better. The honest thing to do would be to vote for the gamcube .

I just got my xbox a few months ago and before I bought it I would have voted for it. Now that I own one and have played several games on it I can clearly see its the superior machine .

[post=122450]Quoted post[/post]​

Whoops, I never thought of it that way.. well. my vote went to PS2 by accident 'cause I thought it was a most favorite thread :)

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Tue, 2004-11-02 @ 04:50 AM

Whoops, I never thought of it that way.. well. my vote went to PS2 by accident 'cause I thought it was a most favorite thread :)
That's what all the Floridian voters said too, I'm sure. Do over!!!

Back