Michael Jackson's Sonic 3

That was one awesome video portraying some similarities between Michael Jackson's music and Sonic 3's music. The author did a good job showing how Michael Jackson's 1996 song blended some notes of the Sonic 3 end credits track into that song.

I've always really dug into Michael Jackson's 80's and 90's stuff. Btw, I love the Michael Jackson song "Who Is It."

The Sonic 3 Ice Cap tune has always stood out for me. The composition of the song has always sort of reminded me of an early 90's dance track.

Wow. That is the most interesting thing I've seen in weeks. I always appreciated Michael Jackson, and I have spend ridiculous amounts of time listening to the Sonic 3 soundtrack. I bought a JVC X'Eye specifically for the purpose of getting minutely better sound quality out of that game. Ice cap and Launch Base (both act 1) were two of my favorites, and I always wondered why so many of the songs changed when you stuck on S&K. The mid-boss theme, Knuckes' theme (antagonist-Knuckes and his theme in Sonic 3 were infinitely more badass than they were in S&K), the main Sonic 3 theme, all that stuff.

My most favorite track in Sonic 3 is Hydrocity act 2, and I also love the Special stage music, the boss music, and the 2-player stage music. If MJ composed any of those, I'll have to tip my hat to him.

I really wish it was possible to get to the bottom of this story and find out who wrote what, but that's especially tough when you've got to get through legal issues all the way to someone like the great gloved one.

Does anyone know of any sites that are devoted to this phenomenon?

Does anyone know of any sites that are devoted to this phenomenon?

Um, you could always go to the source. I think the video shows the site that first publicized it.

Back