My move to Fort Wayne In

Xavier

Mid Boss
It took me two days of driving , I think I couldve made it in a day straight but I had a huge truck and was towing the arcade van behind it , I stayed over in Iowa and kept to about 65 the whole time I had two tires blow out on me at different times luckickly Uh-haul was out there in about an hour . I arrived in Fort Wayne and couldnt decipher the Mapquest directions any longer , I was lost . I pulled over and asked some friendly people how to get to my new home (thats now my new video store). I still got lost and got stuck in a narrow non-through parking lot . Less than an hour later I was home i took a look around the house it had alot of damage from being vacant for 5 years + lots of dust cobwebs and trash type stuff , it was late at night so I slept on the porch and my friends slept in the truck . Me and my friends were done moving in in less than 2 days and I took the truck back with no overage charges to my delight . The next day as I was starting to sort my stuff I saw a guy knocking door to door . I thought he was a door to door salesman , nobody answered the door for him and by the time he got to my door I was outside and he said somebody stole his car and could he use my phone I told him no I just moved here yesterday and have no phone yet , he asked if he could hang out untill the police came and I said sure reluctanley , we hung out for awhile and one tie he folllowed me in and then pulled a gun out on me and said "give me your stuff" I knocked him over and wrestled around with him to try and get his gun away from him and after about a minute or less he ran outside were he aimed the gun at me and told me to give him his glasses back I told him to go down the street after some of his threats and told him idve give him his glases back I ran inside grabbed his glasses and threw them at him . He started aiming his gun like he was gonna shoot me and I screamed hey everybody he got a gun call the police he looked around and saw there were people outside and he ran away I told my nieghbors to call the police we chased him for awhile by car but he was fast and jumped over many fences . A couple days later I heard a strange noise in my house I freaked out and went outside after awhile I went outside and hung out ring to figure out what to do . I saw a nieghbor walking her dog and she told me racoons like to come into my house . I called a place and asked home much it was for them to get rid of them they said $50 for the intial survey and $50 for each racoon they trap

That has to be the longest paragraph ever.....

Although my FFVII fic is a lot like that...

The whole robber thing sounded fun... Yet scary at the same time...

Originally posted by Xavier@Aug 15, 2004 @ 03:16 AM

....he folllowed me in and then pulled a gun out on me and said "give me your stuff" I knocked him over and wrestled around with him to try and get his gun away from him and after about a minute or less he ran outside were he aimed the gun at me and told me to give him his glasses back I told him to go down the street after some of his threats and told him idve give him his glases back I ran inside grabbed his glasses and threw them at him . He started aiming his gun like he was gonna shoot me and I screamed hey everybody he got a gun call the police he looked around and saw there were people outside and he ran away I told my nieghbors to call the police we chased him for awhile by car but he was fast and jumped over many fences...

:blink: Whoa!! That actually happened? Indiana's gun laws are very lax, to say the least. I believe it's one of the only states that allows carrying a concealed firearm.

Wow that could be up to $500 so I rented a live animal trap and boarded up were they come into in the middle of the night , they live between the first and second floor . I caught 3 cats and two racoons , one night when I went out to check on the trap I saw I caught one but he had four of his buddies waiting to kick my ass so first thing in the morning I called sombody to come remove them for me I was still scared of an ambush .

A couple days later my neighbors told me they saw the guy who tried to mug me walking up towards the back of the house house I had the neighbors call the cops again and I chased him and I sort of caught him but he got away again , I also had the chance to run him over but didnt (i'd probabley be in prison right now) the cops arrived and kept me busy asking me qustions and such , so I lost my oppurtuninty to chase him any further .

I got my phone turned on in less than a week about a week for the water and it took 2 weeks for AEP to turn on my electricity after I paid my deposit . (they suck)

Somebody shot out my window a few days ago on the arcade van probabley the mugger guy .

Im getting to know my way around and lowe's has become my best friend .

So far Ive fixed a good deal of the sag in the structure , fixed plumbing , electrical , knocked out two walls that made it the four aprtments , fixed some of the code violations on the outside of the house , cut up railroad ties that were staggered all over the back yard that used to be parking spaces , ripped out some of the ugly wood paneling and ugly old cabinets and ripped away some rotted sections of dry wall . Shop vaced up the entire house and some other cleaning .

Next on the list of proirities is a new roof and its surrounding areas and getting an heat pump and ac installed .

This house had no appliances what so ever I bought a hot water heater and a fridge so far and am using microwave , toaster oven and hotplates to heat my food .

Still lots of work left to do . Im hooking up my stereo and video games as we speak upstairs is totally empty and will be the first to be renovated after I fix the roof .

Fort Wayne decent its a ok sized city and people are alot friendlier than they are in Denver . It has most anything youd want out here and yet still isnt to huge , peopledrive rude though still like they are in a big city though . The alcohol laws are much better here than in Denver and theres still tons of bars nightclubs ect for me to check out . My neighbors are pretty nice .

Well I think thats all for now !

Yeah I wasnt finished typing in out yet . :hehehe:

Movings not cheap , it cost me almost $3,000 for a truck a transport gas and paying my friends .

Again this is that house I saw on ebay for $10,000

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Aug 15, 2004 @ 09:39 AM

Go to know you're settled down!

:thumbs-up:

What did you think of Iowa? :)

Lots of corn , and churches in Iowa , The road was very nice because it was flat .

Sounds like an adventure.

You should have kicked the crap out of the burglar with your military training :)

Have fun with the new house, I will probably purchase one in 2 years so make sure you have alot of pointers for me by then.

That's one hell of a story, I'm glad you are ok, It's creepy that the guy keeps coming around, atleast you have a working phone now... good luck.

Yeesh. And the mofo keeps coming back?

Ya'know, let him break in. Then you can shoot him yourself. Especially since you already know he has a gun.

Likely, he may have been squatting in your new place before you bought it.

your allowed a concealed firearm in florida... just not in bars or gov't buildings... i love that BARS and gov't buildings. All you need is a concealed weapons permit... if i remember correctly, most states have this permit, like CT, NY and most of New England, you just have to register the gun up there.

Yeah most states have concealed weapons and automatic weapons perits , theres just very expensive and nearly impossible to get .

semi-automatic... fully automatic weapons are illegal unless you have military training. also here in florida i can easily get a concealed weapons permit in november (gotta be 21) by just takin' a 2 hour course. My fuckin brother whos been in a mental institute has a f'n concealed weapons permit, they didnt even revoke when the shit head tramped right up into a bar and flashed it.

hrmmm, she may have able too... according to the NRA:

Class III dealers may sell fully-automatic firearms manufactured prior to May 19, 1986, and other federally registered firearms and devices restricted under Title II of the Gun Control Act, to individuals who obtain approval from the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury after payment of a tax and clearance following a criminal background check.

Also

Prohibited Firearms

The 1994 Omnibus Crime Bill included a provision that prohibited the manufacture and sale to non-military and police, after Sept. 13, 1994, of semi-automatic rifles equipped with a detachable magazine and two or more of the following: bayonet lug, flash suppressor, protruding pistol grip, folding stock or threaded muzzle. Similar guidelines were imposed on handguns and shotguns. Additionally, the manufacture and sale to non-military or police of "large-capacity" ammunition magazines (holding more than 10 rounds) were also outlawed. "Assault weapons" and "large" magazines manufactured before Sept. 13, 1994 are exempt from the law.

My dad still has some pre-ban mags. That was the STUPIDEST gun control law I have EVER seen. Oh no, now they have to bring 3 mags for every 2 they needed before! That limits the number of people you can slaughter using only LEGALLY OBTAINED NEW MAGAZINES. Man, I guess all those nutjobs who are likely obtaining all sorts of things illegally anyway are totally screwed.

My dad still has some pre-ban mags. That was the STUPIDEST gun control law I have EVER seen. Oh no, now they have to bring 3 mags for every 2 they needed before! That limits the number of people you can slaughter using only LEGALLY OBTAINED NEW MAGAZINES. Man, I guess all those nutjobs who are likely obtaining all sorts of things illegally anyway are totally screwed.

Yeah, a lot of gun laws are absolutely idiotic. When will these guys figure out that demand, not supply, is the problem?

From the article...

The resident struck the gunman in the face with his fist

There's some kind of fancy-pants technical term for this that I can't remember, but I guess you can't expect every reporter to have a degree in fistodynamics...

Back