Naomi Yes or No?

Juts wanted to see what peoples thoughts are on purchasing a naomi as i am considering getting one. Here are some of the pro's and con's that i can think of. If you have any suggestionsplease feel free to add them

CON

GD Rom Drive Expensive

Need another 3.3V PSU for GD Rom

Need an IO board

Many games were released on the DC.

PRO

Naomi Boards are cheap

GD Rom games are cheap

No Suicide Batteries

I WILL buy one in the future ;)

In your PRO section you can add that some Naomi games weren't converted to the DC ...

Believe it or not, i really want to play that Airline Pilots game, but i cant see myslef forking out for four naomi boards, plus 3 tubes, plus...

Yeah, why not. But I don't know how convenient it will be if you plan on playing GD-ROMs and switching them around -- doesn't it have to fully copy the GD each time you load one? Or for that matter, if you have the game switched off for a certain period of time?

Just an update....

I finally decided to get the naomi, no all i have to do is wait for it to arrive, then get the extra cash for IO and Dimm Board,

mal, interested in testing my naomi out for me when i get it?? just thought you'd be the closest person to me with an io board.

I just got a sega naomi IO board for 60pounds with cables from the neo-geo forums. :)

I rang up about the Naomi IO's that they had and the only trouble is the GST cost, plus postage :(

Im going to try to find a PSU from somewhere so i dont have to hack up my ATX unit

I wish that highway accepted orders below $50 as there are some little items that i would like to get from them but i dont feel like paying the $15 surcharge.

PS still waiting for the Naomi to arrive; the io as well as guilty gear x and comms board have all arrived though.

Mwahaha!

Just got everything working including my ghetto power supply!

2.jpg

yeah, i think that it was originally a Merc's cabinet. It is really good cause i also have got Alien vs Predator, Armored Warriors and Battle Circuit and all of those support three players too.

UPDATE!!!

My GD Rom setup just arrived, complete with .net Dimm board and Guilty Gear XX, now im just waiting for Border Down GD Rom to arrive and ill be set.

Back