NEW NiGHTS GAME?!?

stack99

Established Member
In the new issue of EGM, the editors sat down with Sonic Teams' own Takashi Lizuka and discussed Sonic Heroes. They managed to slip in a question asking him about a new NiGHTS game, and he said "I know that there are very strong, loyal NiGHTS fans out there. And as long as I am with sega I will create NiGHTS again... the more I hear from the fans about their love for the game, the more reasons I have to consider it as my next project."

Man I hope this comes out on xbox.... ooooooh that would be sooooooooooooooo sweeet. :cheers

I vote for both, I like to see the cube get support, but I like to store the games I get on my hdd so I dun have to find the discs.

Wasn't there some article that said they weren't going to make a new NiGHTS game? Something about being worried they couldn't live up to the expectations. Here's a link to the topic I created back in May of '03. Hopefully this new news is more accurate.

I don't care which system it's on, I just hope they release another boxed set with a NiGHTS controller.

I need something to fit next to my original NiGHTS box set. :D

Sorry I don 't have a link but it was in this months EGM... I checked on their site, they have no electronic "record" of their mag. Oh well I can site the page if necessary.. all I know is I hope its right..... we need a new nights... we deserve a new nights..

ya, both would be nice cuz I also like storing them on my hdd, haha. SO nice. just need a 120 instead of this stock 8 :-\

Awhile back SEGA said they were ending certain series' among them was NiGHTS. before that Sonic Team said they did not have the resources to develop the game (not enough people during the work of multiple projects). and the Saturn version of the sequel "Air NiGHTS" was cancelled probably due to the Saturn's early death.

One could only hope that his slip of the tounge was true. And if it were true I'd hope for a multiplatform release including Dreamcast, after all Sonic Team said they missed working on SEGA hardware and even gave the Dreamcast Puyo Puyo Fever due out next month.

Yeah - the next NiGHTS would best be suited for the Dreamcast, specifically the Dreamcast's controller. After all, the pad was modeled after the 3D NiGHTS pad for Saturn :cool:

Yeah, I just read the same little blurb in that issue of EGM, and it doesn't seem very convincing. I'm not holding my breath.

Originally posted by SEGAFan 3000DC@Jan 27, 2004 @ 04:14 PM

Awhile back SEGA said they were ending certain series' among them was NiGHTS. before that Sonic Team said they did not have the resources to develop the game (not enough people during the work of multiple projects). and the Saturn version of the sequel "Air NiGHTS" was cancelled probably due to the Saturn's early death.

One could only hope that his slip of the tounge was true. And if it were true I'd hope for a multiplatform release including Dreamcast, after all Sonic Team said they missed working on SEGA hardware and even gave the Dreamcast Puyo Puyo Fever due out next month.

Any idea what other series were supposedly 'finished'? I wouldnt mind a more balanced version of Fighting Vipers or a true to the series Phantasy Star

Back