• Rise from your gwave!

New To Saturn Burning, modchip question

Discussion in 'General Tech Help & CD Burning Help' started by Ozymandis1, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Ozymandis1

Ozymandis1 New Member

All right, I am fairly new to Saturn as far as burning games go, as I already own most of what I want.

My question: are there any Saturn modchips that let me avoid doing the swap trick? Where can I find one, how much are they, and how much soldering will I have to do?

Thanks in advance.

2. Curtis

Curtis Member

3. Surfin7

Surfin7 New Member

look what I fount at Lan Kwei:

SATELLITE

- serves as a cartridge to play import games on your console (no Modchip needed)

- compatible with all models

and Backups too ?

the modboard costs U$9, and at lik-sang it´s 18 [​IMG]

what do you think ? mine is Model 2, 64 pin-IC

thanks !!

4. Ozymandis1

Ozymandis1 New Member

Sweet. I'll get one, as I'm tired of the swap, which often takes several tries [​IMG]

5. antigov

antigov New Member

The Satellite only lets you play original import games. It does NOT let you play backups.

6. Surfin7

Surfin7 New Member

but the Lan-Kwei Modboard is good ?

Thanks !!

7. mal

mal Member

The mod board itself is good.

However, the jury is still out as to whether all 64 pin IC Saturns can be modded with one. I still can't find a good reason why not, but alot of evidence is against it.

8. Surfin7

Surfin7 New Member

I can get one for U$15,00 including shipping, it´s not too expensive, but I have the 64pin-IC model 2

maybe it work ? or is better don´t risk ?

I have two friends that have Saturn, I´ll see if any of them are the 32pin model, and maybe we can change [​IMG]

Thanks !!!