Nintendogs

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Nintendogs, the Dog simulation game for the DS, recieved a perfect score by Famitsu in Japan! This game is not out in the US yet.

Not my style of game though. Those crazy Japanese.

It's selling like crazy too not only the game but DS as well all because of this game! Even though is not the type of game I like but from what I saw its a very interesting simulator you can even talk with the dogs :D A very original and creative work no doubt.

It is very Japanese, isn't it?
Like pokemon, I'll probably try it eventually, and like pokemon, I see this becomming a bit hit (maybe not as big as pokemon was worldwide).
It looks nice enough, and if the gameplay is good, it might be worth a try. My favorite pet sim (not that I have many pet sims just lying around) is still Seaman.

I don't like how they split the game up into 'packs' depending on types of dogs. Sure, I can see why they did it from a business perspective but it is dissapointing to narrow down the selection in a full price game IMO. I will still be trying it when it makes its North American debut though, it does look like it could be entertaining.

Icicle Man of the Second Millenium

LOL :lol:

made me laugh :)

But yea... I would say that this isn't my type of thang, but I'll definitely be trying it out at some point. It's been getting great reviews everywhere and Nintendo has the bizarre ability of making really fun games out of things I wouldn't normally enjoy. (1080, Animal Crossing and Pokémon spring to mind as examples)

Ammut said:
I don't like how they split the game up into 'packs' depending on types of dogs. Sure, I can see why they did it from a business perspective but it is dissapointing to narrow down the selection in a full price game IMO. I will still be trying it when it makes its North American debut though, it does look like it could be entertaining.
True true, but also splitting up the games is a great way to add playability if you look at it as a way to get different people to play together i.e. trading pokemon from different cartridges that only have certain types.
But yeah, we all know it's clevar marketing strategies at work and mostly about profiteering.

Back