No more Perfect Dark, Banjo

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh well, ill be getting a GC and an xbox someday =) it does kinda suck for people expecting perfect dark 0 on their GCs though. I dont know what else you would expect though, with nintendo not taking advantage of the chance to buy them

The last I heard Perfect Dark etc were up in the air as far as who they would go to (none of the articles I read seemed to know who owned the actual rights to them).. It's a shame but I guess it's maybe a price Nintendo has to pay to get back into the game, given the N64's practically first-party only reputation..

Rare/MS own the rights to Conker, Banjo, Perfect Dark and Kameo.

I'm really upset as I was really looking forward to Kameo and another go at Perfect Dark. I will not buy an ecks-box... Rare or not...

I must give Rare credit where it is due, their games are beautiful to say the least. But I think when it comes to gameplay... Nintendo makes better games.

And to some it up in a few words... I'd rather have Eternal Darkness than all the Rare games!

Cynical contemplations and flamebait. What would the Internet be without them?

Rare is doing a pretty solid job of hand-waving this into a "nothing has really changed" situation. This is a hell of a feat considering their dedication to Nintendo platforms for the past 15 years and the fact that the founders no longer own any significant portion of the company. They've very cleverly worded the stuff about being multiplatform so that they're magically both multiplatform (having developed for "20+ platforms") and single-platform (always "focused" on a single system). Thus, it's no big deal that they've totally shifted focus, because that's what they've always done. Right...

What? I promised flamebait? Okay:

Kameo's going to have to be heavily retooled for Xbox. Her tits aren't big enough to be up to standard. On the plus side, the usual "how can she keep her balance like that?" complaint doesn't apply. After all, she's magical. As always, the Xbox's supercharged NV2A GPU allows developers the freedom to realize their vision of fantastic melons.

Geez, not even a "monopoly" jab. I must be getting rusty. :biggrin:

Wait a minute, Kameo will be on xbox instead of GCN? Noooooooo!!! (yes, I was looking forward to that game more then any others rare is currently working on).

bah, grow up! and also, think about it, Rare still holds the liscences and copyright titles to these games. Microsoft owns 49% of them, yes, but they do not OWN them. They have not been absorbed in any way.

Silly fanboys.

Microsoft owns 49% of them, yes, but they do not OWN them. They have not been absorbed in any way.

Okay, let me get this straight: you're telling me that this deal was Nintendo's idea? They're the ones who owned 49%...

In any case, Rare is now officially part of Microsoft Game Studios alongside Bungie. If that doesn't count as being "absorbed", I'm not sure what does.

(Edited by ExCyber at 7:31 am on Sep. 28, 2002)

Microsoft owns 100% of Rare and it's titles. Nintendo and the Stamper Bros are no longer share holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back