No NiGHTS Sequel Planned

Taken from Gamerfeed:

Update: No NiGHTS Sequel Planned

By James Brightman -- News Manager

Published 3:07 PM CDT, February 5, 2004

As much as we'd all like to see a sequel to the Saturn classic, for now it's not happening...

You may remember that not too long ago a quote from Sonic Team's Takashi Iizuka in Electronic Gaming Monthly seemed to indicate that a NiGHTS Into Dreams sequel would be a very real possibility.

Iizuka-san was quoted as saying, "NiGHTS has lots of fans. And as long as I am in Sega, they promise to make the sequel of NiGHTS. If the voice of many fans is heard, NiGHTS will become one of my next projects in the future."

However, since that time Iizuka-san has issued a follow-up statement to clear up any confusion his intial quote may have caused. "While I would love to create a sequel to Nights some time in the future," Iizuka said, "there are no plans for such a project at this time."

So there you have it. Nothing planned at this time, but perhaps, as he mentioned initially, if enough fans pester Sega maybe he will be given the green light on the project in the future. We can only hope... and write hundreds of e-mails.

» James Brightman

Back