Nooo... It just won't open...

I just got a Saturn over eBay, hopefully a mod-friendly one, and the screws are just too tight... 3 of them, the ones in the holes, are so tight, I can't get them out with a tiny screwdriver supported by flat pliers. Are there any secrets to opening these things up? This is so hard... :(((

LOL, that is funny. Seriously though, u must be using a reall bad screw driver, or not have enough muscle. If your married, ask ur wife, see if she can open it ;)

Push down on the screw driver as you turn. I find the downward force helps to get them started. But these screws should not be that hard. It is only plastic on metal.

If you cannot achieve your goals with brute force, it is only because you have not used enough ^.^

becareful not to shave off the corners

oftentimes i find myself with a circular hole where i can never open it........

(my n64 memory card screws are like this now, can never open it) =/

Shouldnt be to hard to get the screws out..

Is the screwdriver turning but the screws arent losening? If so like stated before you have probably stripped the head of the screw, and that will really limit your chances of ever getting opened.. at least the proper way :smash

No, a powered device (cordless screwdriver or tech gun) would most likely make it worse. A screwdriver that is the right size would be best.

A lot of weight or pressure down the lenght of the screw driver and turning very slowly should get them out.

Craftsmen (I think) makes drill bits for stripped screws. They might help.

One problem I had was that the screw holes kept breaking. sometimes, the screw would rotate (I've hung enough screen doors to know when the screw isn't... Well, it was only one :) ). That wasn't neerly as iratating as when I did get it open, and I discoved, horror of horors, the stuff of nightmares, that in addition to having a mosqito stuck to the R/F shield, (I think that's what it is) and a bunch of little spots of rust, that it was a 20 pin ribbon unit :eek:wned :rant

E: not nearly as hard as putting them back in :lol:

Back