Online gaming

Ratamahatta

Established Member
Seriously, why are people such whiners when it comes to people that can just plain out kick their ass in online games such as Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. People are sore losers. I cant keep connected to a server becasue they always kick me cuz i kick their asses in the games, anyone else got problems like this?

Quote: from Ratamahatta on 9:56 am on Feb. 18, 2002

Seriously, why are people such whiners when it comes to people that can just plain out kick their ass in online games such as Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. People are sore losers. I cant keep connected to a server becasue they always kick me cuz i kick their asses in the games, anyone else got problems like this?

I don't really like the MP in MOHAA. I hate how you have to wait around until the mission is completed before you can respawn. Doesn't really give you much chance to practice and get good. Round the wrong corner and you're dead. And who's going to wait around for 5 minutes to start over? RtCW has a MUCH better multiplayer game IMHO. But MOHAA does have a solid single player game. I can't wait for an expansion.

UT still kicks the newer games' asses at multiplayer, especially with all the levels and addons (the green hill zone OWNS). also, soldier of fortune has a great multiplayer mode, if you update it and add bots.

I'm still pretty new at online FPS gaming, so I lose alot, but it's fun (most of the time). also, playing 2 player over LAN and just sitting side by side hunting bots with the sniper rifle is fun as well.

I've only played Unreal on my DC, and never multiplayer with other people. It's probably more my style though, since I used to play endless hours of Quake 2 back in the day. But I'm not really a deathmatch fan. I like more team oriented type of mods like CTF. MOHAA and RtCW both offer very realistic type of mission-objective modes. But sniping is definately my favorite role. Nothing is sweeter than picking off any unsuspecting soul from an unseen location. MOHAA offers one of the most realistic sniping modes I've seen to date. And I love how it tallys where you hit people at the end of the mission. Groin: 99% Sweet :)

Ratama: I assume you're using Gamespy to connect to games. Is there a way to tell what mods the servers are running? There's a mod out there that eliminates the waiting time on mission-objective maps that I'd like to see in action.

hehe

i dont have patience for capture the flag

i only play deathmatch.

particularly, unreal tournament and quake 3 arena.

well, mostly quake 3 arena.

the only online games that i play online are NBA 2K2 and NFL 2k2 on DC. (also NBA 2K1)

anybody else have seganet? ill play you online

o i also play quake at my friends house online.

Codename Eagle, I've always wanted to play that. How is it ? I saw it with a game complation with Hidden and Dangerous but I passed cause H&D wasnt the gold edition with the much needed upgrades i've read.

Back