Outrun 2 for XBox Confirmed for US

racketboy

Established Member
US Xbox fans rejoice!

Outrun 2 will be released in the U.S. and will be published by Microsoft.

No release info yet for Japan.

outrun22.jpg

Originally posted by ign.com

Microsoft has confirmed that the game will feature head-to-head competition on Xbox Live. A revisitation of the classic game on Xbox wouldn't be complete otherwise.

yup, it will be Live :cheers

And Microsoft publishing it could be a great thing, hopefully they'll use this a a big promotion game and advertise it quite a bit. I hope to catch some SXers on Live come October :)

---Ammut

Heh... Yet another Sega game comes to 'Box. Yet hardly any go to 'Cube... :(

Oh well, I got Virtua Quest for me 'Cube! :thumbs-up:

But it's not exclusive... :(

Neither is Outrun 2, but yoy get the idea...

I'd be happier if all their games showed up on all three consoles, but that's basically impossible unless you want them all to be half-assed.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jul 15, 2004 @ 02:46 PM

Heh... Yet another Sega game comes to 'Box. Yet hardly any go to 'Cube... :(

Oh well, I got Virtua Quest for me 'Cube! :thumbs-up:

But it's not exclusive... :(

Neither is Outrun 2, but yoy get the idea...

Why do you like Gamecube so much? I like/hate all of the current systems equally. I'm not trying to put you on the spot, I want to know where you are coming from.

Outrun 2: I can't wait :cheers

GameCube: Look at it's game library! It's better than the other two put together!

Rogue Squadron II

Rogue Squadron III

Super Monkey Ball

Super Monkey Ball 2

Super Monkey Ball 3

Eternal Darkness

Bio Hazard

Bio Hazard 0

Bio Hazard 4

Metroid Prime

Metroid Echoes

Star Fox Adventures

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

Wave Race Blue Storm

Pikmin

Pikmin II

Animal Crossing

Star Fox Armada

WWE Day of Reckoning

Billy Hatcher and The Giant Egg

F-Zero GX

The GameCube also has the best versions of these multi-platform titles:

Splinter Cell

Prince of Persia

NCAA Football 2005

Legends of Wrestling II

StarCraft: GHOST (so it's not out yet, but I'm sure the 'Cube will be the best version)

Sonic Heroes

Mega Man Collection

That's all I can think of right now... But there are MANY more...

Those games that aren't out yet shouldn't be there. :huh:

Some of those multi-platform games are debatable. Splinter Cell - First the Gamecube/PS2 versions are almost identical. I prefer the PC version, while the Power Plant level is unavailable the 3 Bonus Missions are available w/o purchasing Xbox Live, and you have quicksaves and near no load-time. I can agree that Sonic Heroes is the best on Gamecube and Starcraft Ghost probably will be. But I think all the others are better on Xbox. And Mega Man Collection is almost identicle on GCN/PS2 as far as I know. Anyway, you answered my question. If I had to rank them I'd go by how many games I have for each:

Playstation 2 (52)

Gamecube (24)

Xbox (13)

Prince of Persia

Mega Man Collection

Hmm, as I understand it, to unlock the original PoP in the GC version, you have to own the GBA version as well. That's pretty lame. Also, the GC version of MMAC does not feature remixed tracks in MM1-6, whereas the PS2 version does. I'd say the PS2 version is pretty clearly better in that case.

I'm pretty happy with the Gamecube so far. Some nice titles. Not enough to replace my Dreamcast, but it compliments it nicely.

The load times on GC are almost non-existant too.

Also can't wait to get some Wavebirds.

You wanna know why those game are all better on GameCube than on the other two?

The controller! The games are much more fun, and easier to control with the GC controller.

GC controller is silly. It has abnormal button placement. But you're a fanboy, and that's fine. So you think they're better "because of the controller". Great.

I don't like the Gamecube controller anymore. It's hard to stay in first person mode in Metal Gear Solid. And I don't think a controller can make a game better on a given system.

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Jul 15, 2004 @ 10:16 PM

GC controller is silly. It has abnormal button placement. But you're a fanboy, and that's fine. So you think they're better "because of the controller". Great.

I think it's better because of the controller. Because I've played it on the other systems as well. And the 'Cube version is MUCH easier to control. Not too mention the 'Cube controller is the most comfortable controller ever. The button layout is the best too.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jul 15, 2004 @ 07:16 PM

GameCube: Look at it's game library! It's better than the other two put together!

Cute. i Can think of just as many Xbox games let alone combined with ps2 that are just as good and if not better. Since you use games that are yet released, i think will too.

Halo

Halo 2

Doom 3

Fable

Star Wars: Knights of the old republic

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II

Chronicles of Riddik (freakin great game!)

Shenmue II

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY edition

Crimson Sea

Conker Live and Reloaded

Mech Assault II

Metal Slug 3

B.C.

Brute Force

Pirates of the Caribbean

Dead Or Alive Ultimate

Ninja Gaiden

Full Spectrum Warrior

Jet Set Radio: Future

Dues Ex 2

Otagi

Otagi II

Steel Batallion

Steel Batallion II

Phantom Dust

Outrun

And thats just for xbox, and i am pretty sure those are all exclusive and most of those are released already, not all, just most. I havn't even started ps2, or multiplatform games. So know the line up before you make statements like that.

Don't get me wrong, I love all the systems, but GC just doesn't have as big of a library as the other two. But the games they have, As the ones you mention (exept for a couple), are great ones. But GC has a lot of crap games too, as does any stystem. And how could you forget Mario Kart and Smash bros!!

Back