Pirate/Hack games - anyone play any?

i just burned a new Nester 6.0 cd and i found a whole bunch or Hacked/Pirate games, and some of them are pretty amazing. For example, there is one called SoMari, which is Sonic, ported to nintendo, with Mario instead of sonic. It actually works pretty well except the issue of fewer colors on the NES. There is also a whole bunch of Street fighter games, and some of them suck, but some are actually decent. The Street fighter Alpha 2 that i have is actually better looking than i expected, and the animation is fairly fluid. The computer is too good though. all in all, i was fairly impressed with what the h4x0r's were able to do with the good old NES, anyone else play any of these games

(phew, i cant believe i managed that post without using the "r" word)

I played Somari briefly and was fairly impressed with it. Actually, I remember seeing a quote from an interview with Yuji Naka in which he (supposedly; can't find the original) said something to the effect of "When I saw Sonic on the NES, that's when I knew my work was important." He's also quoted as saying in the same interview that he wrote a basic NES emulator for Mega Drive, just for kicks. :biggrin:

Umm, I don't think we count things that are actualy still Physical matter here (Ex: Carts=Matter, Roms=Electronic Signals that compile into a game). Your not alowed to link to roms, or rom sites here. Requesting for roms is not allowed. buying and selling them is obviously prohibited. But talk about ones made by hackers I dont think is somthing we realy care about here. So as long as you don't do one of the above (request, buy/sell/trade, Link to), talk about roms is fine.

Back