• Rise from your gwave!

PSP: First real video w/Gran Turismo 4 Mobile

Discussion in 'General' started by link343, Aug 13, 2004.

1. link343

link343 New Member

A Japanese video released by Yomiuri News shows the PSP first time running in someone’s hands and not connected to kiosk. The 3.5MB video shows the PSP with Gran Turismo 4 Mobile und Dokodemo Issho.

commented Josh from PSPInsider.

Click to download the video:

PSP Demo (Yomiuri) 3.5MB Windows Media

From Lik-Sang

2. Flakvin

Flakvin New Member

Is this Sega news? I think not.

3. mal

mal Member

Good point.

(moved to general)

4. lordofduct

lordofduct Member

why the hell is it called the UMD anyways... its not really universal.

5. Pearl Jammzz

Pearl Jammzz Member

agreed Lord.

Looks cool, but I am lookin for a new game experience, not PS2 titles ported to a handheld, cool and all bt I rather play on the big screen sittin back in the lay-z-boy. I do like the design, the screen rocks the most I think. The sheer thinness of the systemk amazes me a lil as well. Good job Sony, hopefully this will creat a lil competition so the big N will come out with more cool shit in the handheld market.....hopefully the DS will be that cool new shit, yet to be seen.

6. M3d10n

M3d10n New Member

Haven't seen the video, but I assume it's a rolling demo?

What guarantees it's running in real time? The PSP can run MPEG4 natively, and I doubt the Gran Turismo team would get the whole engine running pronto so quickly.

--EDIT--

Real time my arse. That's surely a pre-recorded video, there's traces of video editing all over the place, including blend transitions.

7. mal

mal Member

Got link?

If you're going to call it old, you really should back it up, otherwise you start to sound like Cecilia...

8. M3d10n

M3d10n New Member

But id IS old. Only after downloading it I noticed it was the same shitty vid I saw like a week ago.

9. mal

mal Member

Still waiting for a link. :p

I really must be getting old myself, because I'd never consider a piece of news from a week ago to be old.

10. Pyrite

Pyrite New Member

Its not *old news* to be old would have to be released like one month ago or more, its not breaking news though, the video of DS running metroid prime in real time was more enjoyable, crazy gameplay. The PSP doesn´t bring nothing new to the table just PS2 ports at least Nintendo learned from the GBA and its SNES ports and did something new.

11. Trenton net

Trenton net New Member

Well I assume stuff like this would be old for anyone like Des or CC who lives in Asia or is a part of that community. They in general get a lot of stuff sooner than in North America. Like for instance, right now I think a lot of people here would consider something like a "Treamcast" rare now, but for them, I bet its just average junk they could get anytime if they wanted one.

12. Des-ROW

Des-ROW Member

I do not know who Cecilia is, but Cecilia is a nice name, I would not mind you calling me that.

13. Dud

Dud Member

Cecilia Chen

She's "gone" now. :sarcasm:

:lol:

14. Des-ROW

Des-ROW Member

Why was she banned?

What is the relation between me and her?

15. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

You are both eleetist and annoying.

16. Curtis

Curtis Member

They can both spell though. ;)

17. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

No I did that on purpose. Note elite, by 31337. You get what I mean.

18. Des-ROW

Des-ROW Member

Thank you.

19. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

Ahh the internet. A pool of anonymity in which I can say whatever I like.

But in all seriousness you arent annoying, really. Just elitest. Which is fine I guess.