Radiant Silvergun

I know alot of people here think Radiant Silvergun was one of the best games for the saturn, but how good was it compared to the Arcade version of the game? The reason why I ask is that recently an ebay auction went up for the arcade version:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1085525233

It doesn't look like people are very interested in it compared to the saturn version, and normaly Arcade games go for quite a bit.

AFAIK the arcade version is identical to the Saturn version (it runs on Saturn hardware) apart from slight differences in the weapons system.

I believe it was ported from the Saturn to the ST-V arcade system. So there shouldn't be too much difference.

Might have to see if I can convince the seller to export...

Hey I've got one of those ST-V Carts... I think I have funky head boxers. How much could I get if I sold it??

The Sat version is better as it includes saturn mode where you can build your weapons, along with a music player and extra's earned for playing longer. Also the sat version has extra bosses in the final level and extra dogs to collect. Hope that helps.

Arcade games are often cheap.I bought a power stone naomi cart for 60$.The naomi board was just too #### expensive so i sold the cart :)

the saturn version came first, the arcade one later. so it's not a port, the saturn one is the original.

FHB will prolly get you 30-50 bucks.

Heh... that's a first (Well that I know of anyway) a console game gets ported to the arcade! That's kinda funny when you think about.

I'm pretty sure there were arcade versions of Lode Runner and Pitfall 2 after the computer/console (most home computers in the 80s were basically game consoles with keyboards and disk drives, heh) versions came out. There's also the Vs. NES system and Playchoice-10. I think there's also a Sega arcade system based on Genesis/MD hardware. Anyway, it's happened before, but it's not extremely common.

Quote: from Arakon on 8:50 am on Mar. 22, 2002

the saturn version came first, the arcade one later. so it's not a port, the saturn one is the original.

Are you certain? Issue 31 of Sega Saturn Magazine (the one with PDS disc 1 on the cover) has an article about the arcade game where they speculate about the possibility of a Saturn conversion.

Also, if you look at the disc, there is an "arcade" directory and a "saturn" directory, each with what appears to be a full set of game data. That suggests that either the arcade version was developed first, or they were developed at the same time.

Haha!Could it be that theres an arcade directory for the arcade mode of the game and a saturn directory for the saturn mode?

From what i was reading in reviews Radiant Silcergun for the Saturn is an arcade conversion.

From what I've heard the arcade and Sat version were announced at the same time, so I guess the arcade appeared shortly before the sat just because more is included in the home version.

Haha!Could it be that theres an arcade directory for the arcade mode of the game and a saturn directory for the saturn mode?

Wow, how perceptive. The point is this: there probably wouldn't be an "arcade" version with its own dedicated set of files if the arcade version didn't already exist when they set out to make the Saturn version...

I just posted that because the arcade mode is different in many ways.Í know people that played the arcade,and its supposed to play different than the Saturn version.

Back