Rare sells out

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to IGNCube, the deal is done... Microsoft has bought Rare.

I have mixed feeling about this... what do you think? And do you think this will effect Nintendo in the long run?

I can't say that i like this news. Though i was prepared for this, i guess i have to cope with it.
Rare have been with Nintendo so long, it's like Rare is working under Mr Miyamoto himself!
But as Karny said, i also like to have Sega, Capcom, Namco etc etc. But you have to say that Rare give Nintendo alot of "goodwill" don't they?
/RajaGaj

To be honest, I'm not really bothered now I've thought about it a little. Nintendo's biggest problem with home consoles recently has been the reputation for having their own games out, but no-one elses. If this lets them broaden the scope a little then that should be good news.. Think how many Super Nintendo's Capcom must've shifted back in the olden days :). I imagine Nintendo will keep hold of Perfect Dark and the like, and it's not as if they haven't got the talent to bring to those titles without Rare.

Supposedly there are indications that the Stamper brothers were interested in starting another company, and this was just their way of separating from Rare. They've done this before, but other sources have said that they're tired of the industry in general. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back