Rayman

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
2006-08-06 to 2006-08-12; Sega Saturn

RAYMAN™

has pushed the technology envelope to the limit!

This platform game is unlike anything you've seen or played before...

• 65,000 eye-popping colors, 60 frames per second and up to four independently scrolling backdrops, all of which pull you right into Rayman's outrageous worlds!

• Over 50 different characters that will freak you out, crack you up, and give you the challenge of a lifetime!

• Amazing powers help you ward off enemies and avoid some of the strangest encounters as you progress through the game's 70 different levels!

• Six mind-boggling, bizarre worlds complete with different climates and jammed packed with hidden passages and traps, all leading to unexpected combats and rewards!

All this in CD quality sound with over 200 different sound effects!

Welcome to the Next Generation!

Discover the world of Rayman, where action, challenge and technology await you... 60 different levels in six amazing worlds! Eye-popping animations using 65000 colors!

Rayman, Rayman

Radioactive Rayman... :D

[ Front | Back | Disc ]

I'm gonna sum my love, and the greatness of this game up in one sentence:

The most beautiful game ever made.

Cloud121 said:
The most beautiful game ever made.

Sure it has a really nice design and other rayman are not really over this one. it's one of the last good 2D platform games.

I was right - 60Hz is crazily smooth/fast. I'm pretty sure that, although they fixed the screen size when converting to PAL, they let the speed go down (I might check this later), so playing my US version is quite a boost!

Shame though that PAL and US editions save the game data with different names, so I have to start all over again. =D

I once had the chance to pick the game up for $8 im annoyed i didnt get it as i love plat formers. I just didnt think it would be that good, i regret it now though.

I remeber this game pretty well. It must have been ten years ago since i first played it (on the 3DO) in mine favorite game shop.

Some years later i purchased it for mine gba but i never liked the game on such a small screen, gives me a headache. So i sold the game.

Maybe i should pick the game up for the Saturn. I've heard good stories around it...

By the way the pal version is not that expensive.:rock:

Back