Saturn model 1 60hz

Just tried the 60hz mod on my pal model 1 saturn,got a black screen when switching to 60hz mod but the saturn still powers on....i.e no flashing power light.I'll be trying the other method but is this an indicator that the jp1 link will not work with this particular model 1 or have I made a mistake?

Tried a direct link,as I realised the switch was wired badly.Now it gives me a craxy garbled display,sort of a rolling effect with a scrambled colour look all over the screen.I've heard mention there are some model 1 saturns that don't take kindly to the 60hz mod,is this true? Found a source for it on a 60hz mod site:

http://www.emucamp.com/meetholas/saturn2.html

"You won't have any problems

with diplay unless you have the FIRST MODEL(very big laser board with two

power supply wires. The power wires aren't that wide wire to the right)."

I tried cutting the track that leads to Jp1 and wiring it to the 5v on the AV connector(the only one I know) ,that didn't work either but it was possibly wired wrong since I got no garbled display,but just standard 50hz mode.I'll have another look..

Hello,

I have the exact same problem, I have looked around the internet and haven't found a solution anywhere.

I am trying some more connections, I'll post any successful attempts...

Jollyroger

I just did it then....went straight to the source instead of pissing around with cutting tracks,linking vias etc.You'll need to lift pin 79 of the vdp pin on the top.....it is the only 160 pin chip on the board and is near the video connector....use a jewellers screwdriver and carefully pry it up..Solder the pin to a dpdt switch and solder the other 2 pins to ground and 5v,the same as you would with the model 2 fixes.Funnily enough leaving the track leading to jp1 cut did not affect anything so I assume that pin 79 is internally wired to ground....therefore this is the only way it can be done on this particular model....if I am correct that is.

Back