Setting up a 32X system

Kuta

Staff member
I recently purchased a 32X system. I've been meaning to get one for so long I was glad to finaly get my hands on one. Much to my dissapointment when trying to set it up I could not get the picture to sit still on the screen. All I can get is a warped image which keeps moving verticaly. There is no v hold adjustment on my TV. The 32X didn't come with a manual so I am wondering if I set it up correctly. Is there anyone out there who knows all about this thing and how many cables I should have and where are they meant to be plugged in and what could be causing my problem? Thanks for you help.

you have your genesis - 32x is plugged into the genesis. Genesis gets it's own power supply, cable from the RF out of the genesis goes into the 32x, the 32x then has AV cables or RF out that goes to your TV, 32x also has it's own power supply... When you plug in a regular Genesis game into the 32x does that display properly?

Try reversing the cable that goes from the genesis to the 32x. If you do not have a sega cd make sure you have the connector on the genesis.

Originally posted by Zziggy00@Sun, 2006-03-12 @ 10:05 PM

you have your genesis - 32x is plugged into the genesis. Genesis gets it's own power supply, cable from the RF out of the genesis goes into the 32x, the 32x then has AV cables or RF out that goes to your TV, 32x also has it's own power supply... When you plug in a regular Genesis game into the 32x does that display properly?

[post=145077]Quoted post[/post]​

I used to own a 32x when it first came back... I remember you had 3 metal brackets you had to place on both sides of the Genesis Cartridge Port then plug the 32x in the Genesis. I think its suppose to ground the 32x to the Genesis. Then you have to loop the Video going out of the Genesis into the 32x, then have the actual video cable go from the 32x into the TV. I know that if you have the Video leaving the Genesis only, going to the TV you only get half the picture on the screen. So you must loop the Video through the 32x. It's almost like if you use a Model 1 Genesis on a Model 2 Sega CD and you didn't use the Audio Cable to run from the Genesis to the Sega CD, then play an actual Sega CD Game you only got half the sound.

OK, well I have the 32X - Mega Drive cable. The only problem now is the particular cable I have will not fit into any connection in the back of my Mega Drive because it is a model 1. I do have a model 2 Mega Drive but it uses the same AC adaptor as the 32X and I only have one to go around. So if the 32X is supposed to be compatable with the model 1 Mega Drive then why aren't they connectable?

their was a small adapter included that allows the older bigger model 1 genesis video connector to connect to the samller video connecter on the 32x... my original system years ago was model 1 Genesis, Model 2 Sega CD and 32x unit... worked great together... below you can see all the stuff that should of came with the 32x... the metal brackets... the conversion cable is what you need it connects to the connecter cable....

Attachments

• 32X_DIAGRAM.jpg
    32X_DIAGRAM.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 239
  • 32X_DIAGRAM.jpg
    32X_DIAGRAM.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 193
Well the only thing a have missing from that picture is the conversion cable. So I guess I am screwed unless I can can another AC adaptor. Thanks for your help.

You welcome... I'm pretty you can get one from for cheap from ebay... I did a few searches earlier and saw a few listings.

Back