Snatcher

I just region cracked and burnt me a copy of snatcher, Everyone has been ranting on about it and how good it is. So far i have seen some average animation for the system and a storyline that could be described as a bit pants. very linear. Have i got a bad version or did i bugger up the burn?

It's a classic. Do people rag on Megaman 1, even though its story is only explained in the manual, and it isn't as refined as its many sequels? No, because it was primo shit when people played it, and they have fond memories of it. Knowing the limitations of Sega CD, Snatcher impressed me. It's a great game, although I never played it much before this month.

ok here's a snatcher question. When you first enter the turbo cycle with metal gear (god what were they smoking?) how long should the turbo cycle sequence take until you arrive? Cause... mine is eaither a bad iso copy or it's just on hellova' long ride.

metal gear (god what were they smoking?)

You do know that Metal Gear and Snatcher were created by the same guy, right?

IIRC (never played it, only read about it) there's a bar in Snatcher called Outer Heaven. This is another Metal Gear reference, though you'd probably miss it completely if you've only played the later MG games.

no no, i know that konami made both games and that outer haven was the place you go in metal gear one for the nes. but still... IT'S SO #### STUPID! Why mix two games. and they imply that it really took place so i think it would only be right for snakes grandchild bo be in this game in some form... maybe i'm just rambling here but that would be cool.

Gallstaff, the Metal Gear series and Snatcher do supposedly take place in the same universe. The dates don't match 100%, but basically the events of the Metal Gear series occurred shortly before the Catastrophe. Dunno if that fully explains the names, since I have only played MGS, but Hideo Kojima (the creator of both Metal Gear and Snatcher) kinda ties all his games together like that.

Soldermonkey, keep playing. The story is wicked, as is the art, music, and sound. And the world of Neo Kobe is one of the most fully realized fictional landscapes I have ever seen (just check out JORDAN for a taste). Yeah, there is not much animation, but you can’t have everything!

Back