SNK, we will miss you.

I have every hope that the people who made SNK possible will find some way to keep making great games (if they haven't already; I heard a number of SNK folks are now working for Eolith). I truly think that this was a labor of love for them to a great extent - I doubt that they would have kept going this long with MVS and AES (which necessitated expensive ROM cartridges), not to mention continuing to make extremely refined arcade games in the classic styles, if their primary motivation was making money. SNK will probably be missed, but I'm inclined to say that if there's any justice in the world, these people will find a way to keep going, even if it's not under the SNK name...

This is the most horrible news to hit the gaming community ever!! I LOVE SNK!!! Forever will they be missed!! :((

Don't worry, while the company may be gone, the games will live on. Some company will probably buy the rights to make the games off of them. Only thing you might want to worry about is the new publishers messing up the different series of games they purchase. Hopefuly they wont though, and if they do....um, Ill leave the multiple forms of torture thing up to all of you. :)

Doesn't Capcom already have the people responsible for KOF [and other modern SNK fighters] in their employ? I heard that happened quite a while ago - before any of the Cap vs SNK games were developed.

I was under the impression that most of the KoF people moved to Eolith (the company developing and publishing KOF 2001 and that some other ex-SNK hackers went to Brezzasoft, but I've heard nothing particularly authoritative, just rumors :(.

SNK is not dead yet.

http://www.mmcafe.com/index.html

Anyways, the president of SNK went and bought back most of their franchises using his sister's company Brezza, so most of the stuff is back to SNK.....indirectly.

And no, KOF2001 was licensed by SNK for eolith to produce. And they didn't all go to eolith.

Back