So I wrecked my car...

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
went around a corner and was goin too fast and slid righto ff the road. Fucked up both fenders, the front bumper, and front ground fx. engine bay damage seems to not be there, but it looks like I have a bend on my passanger side pillar that hopefully is a dent, and not a bend in my frame or subframe. We can only hope :/ .

Here are some pics below, i'll get a lil more later. Anyone have a nice little FRONT WHEEL DRIVE car they are lookin to sell for cheap? haha. Looks like I might be needin one.....

Attachments

• cam1.jpg
    cam1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 143
  • cam2.jpg
    cam2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 143
  • cam3.jpg
    cam3.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 134
  • cam1.jpg
    cam1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 140
  • cam2.jpg
    cam2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 138
  • cam3.jpg
    cam3.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 143
  • cam1.jpg
    cam1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 139
  • cam2.jpg
    cam2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 139
  • cam3.jpg
    cam3.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 134
Ouch, best of luck with the insurance company.

Kinda reminds me of my first wreck, going to fast on a turn :(

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Fri, 2005-05-13 @ 01:36 PM

That's what happens. Moron....

How fast were you going?

[post=133987]Quoted post[/post]​

Die.

Pearl Jammzz, just push it off a bridge and buy a cheap $3000-5000 car. Repair costs are outrageous and the amount you're going to have to pay in extra insurance over the years will be way more than a new car. Seriously, if the accident hasn't been reported yet, just ditch is somewhere and say it was stolen if the cops come around asking about it. You don't want your insurance company to know you drove your car off the road.

already reported, cop drove by right after it happened. I wasn't goin that fast. normal for normal conditions, it was just wet and I cought a wet spot turin left into my friend's neighborhood. The car can easily be repaired, not much damage there I don't think. Still runs solid. The telecommunications box I hit might be way bad though :-\

Telecommunications boxes are made to be run into. :p

Well that really sucks, even if it's not that badly damaged. But, it could be much worse--you could've cracked the bumper on someone else's Mercedes, which cost over $1000 to replace. $1000 for a fecking PLASTIC bumper, plus labor to have someone paint it so it matches the car. Let's not even go into what body-work costs on those fancy German automobiles...

yeah it's a shame you had to report it to your insurance... should have just let it go and see if you could pay for the damages caused... it's all relavent though, sometimes the insurance companies will be easy on you (not often). I love my camaro, but i'd recommend not getting the body work done to your car, just make whatever repairs you can do yourself... the cars unfortunately aren't worth that much anymore.. I got a $1000 paint job (pretty cheap for around me, but NOT CHEAP FOR ME!) and it was destroyed by two DIFFERENT cars clipping both sides of my front bumper while i was in the barber shop for 30min... Moral of the story, leave the damage.. you've now got war wounds you can tell your friends about and you don't have to spend the money on body work / paint.

ya, I have had 3-4 ppl offer me 3500 bucks for it, ritght there on the spot. it's in excellent shape. so if it's cheap, i'll do it. and I'll do what I can by myself.

My neighbor wants to buy the car and he'll pay 1500 for it even as is if it's only cosmetic.

the insurance was done by the cop....standard procedure.

I'm making a junkyard run today, if there's any parts you want me to look for call me on my cell in the next few hours and let me know what parts and what year car you've got. My cell is in my profile, down at the bottom on aim.

I wasn't goin that fast. normal for normal conditions, it was just wet and I cought a wet spot turin left into my friend's neighborhood.

In that case, I take back what I said.

Back