Sony claims Xbox 360 requires HD DVD, etc., thus costs $700

That's sony obviously trying to justify the cost of their machine.

To anyone saying it's just a comparison of base model + similar features, I say that's a bunch of BS. The point is it's misleading, as the chart says those are required purchases, which they are not. You only need to buy those if you actually want to use them, and it would be much smarter (and a hell of a lot cheaper) to buy the premium pack + hd dvd. Which I'm assuming anyone that wants those features from the start, which that chart implies, would be buying, not the way they have it listed.

I've been reading several reviews of both hd dvd movies and blu ray movies, and from what I can tell, Sony probably made a very bad decision to go with mpeg-2, because you lose too much quality in the compression. When people are comparing movies and say you get less compression artifacts from a normal dvd than a blu ray disc, some thing is wrong. I think it will improve once they start rolling out 50gb blu ray discs and using less compression, but any one starting now, or when the ps3 comes out, they're not going to like what they see.

So, for now, I say sony's blu ray just isn't any thing to compare hd dvd, or even standard dvds to.

Both system configurations only include 1 controller, bluetooth.

Basic system includes:

20GB HD

1 Bluetooth controller

HDMI port

Premium System includes:

60GB HD

HDMI Port

1 Bluetooth controller

Flash Card Reader

Built-in Wi-Fi

Silver-Colored Logo and Trim

Back