Starfox

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
starf.jpg

A new Starfox game, Starfox Assualt, will be released by Nintendo for the Gamecube February 24th!

If you love the Starfox series they I know you can't resist not to get this title :D

My first N64 game was starfox :p. Can't wait till this comes out. This and Zelda are the 2 big ones I am waiting for.

Nintendo is tied up on work with the three systems I guess thats why they ask other studios to help them out. The RARE staff that worked on N64 is not the same of today and it shows with crappy titles I don't know if they still work as a studio after being bought by M$.

Zheræ said:
The RARE staff that worked on N64 is not the same of today and it shows with crappy titles I don't know if they still work as a studio after being bought by M$.

And its a good thing that M$ did buy Rare, or else the GC would be considered even more of a kiddy system by Nintendo haters, considering the only game that I know of that came out for the Xbox was in fact a kiddy game...

Jeez, I just read that IGN review, and it was like: "winge, winge, winge". 6 hours not long enough? Not innovative enough?. When you criticise something you need to understand what is important and what isn't. Length and innovation are not important, not in the long run.

At least I found what I was looking for - how the gameplay is set out. Was it a shooter, or free-roaming crap? As Matt thankfully pointed out for me: "Sadly, these latter level types outweigh the on-rails selection by a margin of at least two-to-one, which is bound to disappoint purists looking for something truly reminiscent of the older titles."

BJammzz said:
bah! can't we have a true port of the origionals?!?! Why all this shooter BS?
You mad at the fact that there is too much objective-based free-roaming crap? Couldn't understand your last sentence :unsure:

the ground mission stuff. Even on SF64 the tank was ok, but it was used in moderation so it was cool when you did play a level w/ it, same w/ the submarine. In this is outweights it 2-1 and it's not even the cool tank shit! just the running around on foot crap. Just kinda urks me cuz this and Zelda were the 2 I was looking at this year and I don't know about my beloved SF anymore :-\

Ya know, IF the game was less innovative, it would have been a lot better (at least to me and Bjammzz), 'cause it would be more like the original and SF64 :p
.. not to say it can't be fun though ;) I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Back