swap trick with sfIII scenario 2 translated???

dibz said:
I'm guessing it's the middle one in the above, as that's matches post #5, which shouldn't have changed with the new boards, and the original URL vbt posted suggests.

Yes, exactly Dibz ! well done
smile.gif
I searched for the new link but didn't find it.

http://segaxtreme.net/community/topic/6055-about-ipbin/page__view__findpost__p__58303

dutchmunky said:
has anyone else tried running the patched scenarios on their modded saturn, to confrim if it works????

I have just today tried to run Scenario 2 on my modified Saturn, & it works perfectly! This is going to be awesome to finally play through Scenario 2 in english.

Here are the steps I took:

1) download and run SF3Patch.exe from the ShiningForceCentral.com site.

2) download "current patch files/ s2/" from the ShiningForceCentral.com site.

3) copy the current patch files over the existing files in the "SF3Patch\files\s2" folder.

4) run the isomaker 2.exe application

5) burn the resulting ISO to a cdr, using BurnAtOnce(free software) at 2x speed.

Hope that helps.

dibz said:
Well, I'm not sure which thread vbt was referring to, so I did a quick advanced search for Akuma's username plus the word sector, and picked out the ones with pictures in reference to vbt's description:

http://segaxtreme.net/community/topic/6227-please-helpburning/page__view__findpost__p__60414

http://segaxtreme.net/community/topic/6055-about-ipbin/page__view__findpost__p__58303

http://segaxtreme.net/community/topic/3031-cd-rom-file-system/page__view__findpost__p__27779

I'm guessing it's the middle one in the above, as that's matches post #5, which shouldn't have changed with the new boards, and the original URL vbt posted suggests.

Thanx for the reply dibz. I've attached the first 32kb which were extracted using cdrwin. The other interesting thing is that sfcentral forums states all over their site to run the game using ssf or MODDED saturn. Perhaps the disc properties are changed too drastically for the saturn to recognize the game on it's own. I've asked around the forums there, but have yet to receive a reply. Thanx again everyone, I hope the attachment is what you're looking for in order to help me out.

dutchmunky said:
Thanx for the reply dibz. I've attached the first 32kb which were extracted using cdrwin. The other interesting thing is that sfcentral forums states all over their site to run the game using ssf or MODDED saturn. Perhaps the disc properties are changed too drastically for the saturn to recognize the game on it's own. I've asked around the forums there, but have yet to receive a reply. Thanx again everyone, I hope the attachment is what you're looking for in order to help me out.

Crap, didn't see gameofyou's post before replying. I guess that settles it, I need to buy a chip now... Also, I can't upload any files. Is it because I haven't posted enough yet???

dutchmunky said:
Also, I can't upload any files. Is it because I haven't posted enough yet???
What stops you from uploading? Is the option not there in the first place, or do you get an error message or similar failure?

ExCyber said:
What stops you from uploading? Is the option not there in the first place, or do you get an error message or similar failure?

It says i can't upload that type of file. I tried uploading the bin, then compressed it to rar. It wouldn't upload either way.

dutchmunky said:
It says i can't upload that type of file. I tried uploading the bin, then compressed it to rar. It wouldn't upload either way.
It looks like ZIP should work.

dutchmunky said:
After SRP.

To be more specific, I patched the iso and then ran it through SRP to change the region. Translation patch makes the game multi-region. I ran it through SRP to make it a strictly US region iso. I've burned the image with both multi and single region patches. It won't run on the saturn via swap trick either way. Thanks again.

At a glance, the only thing that jumps out at me as "wrong" is SRP advertising itself in the region strings, but I doubt that would break it (as opposed to having the order of the region flags disagree with the order of the region strings, which IIRC will break it when booting directly from the Saturn BIOS but not from AR or direct-booting on an emulator). Can you post the same area of the original SF3 disc so that I can compare them?

ExCyber said:
At a glance, the only thing that jumps out at me as "wrong" is SRP advertising itself in the region strings, but I doubt that would break it (as opposed to having the order of the region flags disagree with the order of the region strings, which IIRC will break it when booting directly from the Saturn BIOS but not from AR or direct-booting on an emulator). Can you post the same area of the original SF3 disc so that I can compare them?

It is not really an ad but a way to keep tracks of the original number of allowed region codes by the header of a game.

Also, 4 questions:

1) does your final patched iso works on SSF or any other emu ? (I didn't read well all the thread)

2) do you "copy the current patch files over the existing files in the "SF3Patch\files\s2" folder." like gameofyou1 did ? And do you see any "Erreur de donnée" in any cmd window when the sf3sc2 patch is working ?

3) could you tell me the internal version of the original sf3sc2 iso you are using (load it on SRP) ? As there are 2 versions of it, it could be the pb.

4) does your patched iso goes directly to the bios/menu screen or is it loaded a lilbit before going to the bios/menu screen ?

Madroms said:
It is not really an ad but a way to keep tracks of the original number of allowed region codes by the header of a game.

Also, 4 questions:

1) does your final patched iso works on SSF or any other emu ? (I didn't read well all the thread)

2) do you "copy the current patch files over the existing files in the "SF3Patch\files\s2" folder." like gameofyou1 did ? And do you see any "Erreur de donnée" in any cmd window when the sf3sc2 patch is working ?

3) could you tell me the internal version of the original sf3sc2 iso you are using (load it on SRP) ? As there are 2 versions of it, it could be the pb.

4) does your patched iso goes directly to the bios/menu screen or is it loaded a lilbit before going to the bios/menu screen ?

1. Final patched iso does work on ssf just fine using alcohol 120 to mount image. I actually tried that before burning to disc (which I've done 7 times now!!!).

2. I did not get the latest patch file from the sfcentral ftp, as the less updated one ran on ssf, but I see your point. I will try that today.

3. I don't understand. I thought scenario 2 was only released in Japan. I took the JAP iso and patched it with sfcentral patch. I then patched a second iso with SRP in conjunction with sfcentral patch. Neither of them load on my saturn.

4. My disc goes directly to bios and states "disc is not suitable for this system".

I will try step-for-step what gameofyou has suggested. I will then post my results. I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for the help, this thread has had several posters trying to figure this sh@#! out. Keep throwing ideas at me. Also, if someone else boots their saturn games via model 2 swap, try to burn it yourself and post results!!! Every true sega fan deserves to have this translation in their library anyway.

dutchmunky said:
1. Final patched iso does work on ssf just fine using alcohol 120 to mount image. I actually tried that before burning to disc (which I've done 7 times now!!!).

2. I did not get the latest patch file from the sfcentral ftp, as the less updated one ran on ssf, but I see your point. I will try that today.

3. I don't understand. I thought scenario 2 was only released in Japan. I took the JAP iso and patched it with sfcentral patch. I then patched a second iso with SRP in conjunction with sfcentral patch. Neither of them load on my saturn.

4. My disc goes directly to bios and states "disc is not suitable for this system".

I will try step-for-step what gameofyou has suggested. I will then post my results. I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for the help, this thread has had several posters trying to figure this sh@#! out. Keep throwing ideas at me. Also, if someone else boots their saturn games via model 2 swap, try to burn it yourself and post results!!! Every true sega fan deserves to have this translation in their library anyway.

OK, still doesn't work. re-patched iso with sfcentral patch using updated files. Still get the same problem. :-(

dutchmunky said:

There are 2 versions of the JPN games, one being a revised version. So it "may" be the problem if you use the v2.000 instead of v1.003

As I don't use the swaptrick myself (only modchip or bootdisc), I can't test the iso on real hardware. But it could be interested to check if the game has multiple checks for the security ring and not only one at the loading.

Madroms said:
There are 2 versions of the JPN games, one being a revised version. So it "may" be the problem if you use the v2.000 instead of v1.003

As I don't use the swaptrick myself (only modchip or bootdisc), I can't test the iso on real hardware. But it could be interested to check if the game has multiple checks for the security ring and not only one at the loading.

MMM... I dl'd the image from somewhere.... as I don't have the proper JAP disc. However, it was bundled with a link to the sfcentral patch, which led me to beleive they should both work well together.

Back