The Gamecube lives on!

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Thanks to the Nintnedo president for stating that with the upcomming new console, Revolution, Gamecube support will still be going strong!

Woot for Nintendo!

Thanks to Spong for the news.

better be -- wouldn't want to pull a Sega ;)
Nintendo is usually pretty good about supporting their consoles.

I'm not hugs on backwards comptability. Rarely is it 100%. The GB/GBC/GBA has been the best so far. I have some PS games that don't play well on my PS2.

nowadays since their are so many generations of games, backward compatibility is a big selling point.

Hope XBox2 has it too, but I'm not holding my breath

schi0249 said:
I'm not hugs on backwards comptability. Rarely is it 100%. The GB/GBC/GBA has been the best so far. I have some PS games that don't play well on my PS2.
True, but for me it's been 99%, Suikoden 2, the audio skips during strategy battles, otherwise my Playstation 2 has been good for backwards compatibility.

I'm sure it is around 99%. However it affects some of my favorites: Final Fantasy Anthology, Suikoden 2, Fight Maker, the Midway Arcade collections. I hope they all continue to. But if they have to sacrifice for the new concole, I don't want it. I think backwards compatability is not important to most of the people who play video games. When Sony said the PS3 may not be backwards compatable, not many where complaining.

Back