Translation suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkankinMonkey

Established Member
Just a little suggestion Fab, but maybe you could make it searchable by its first letter? (ie, Click on the letter A and it takes you to the A section of the translation list that you have up). Might make it a bit faster to look through. Looks nice though.

Someone might wanna post news about the partial radical dreamers translation that was just released a day or two ago.

Thanks for the suggestion. I started work on a new Translations page based on it last night. It should be up later today, or tommorow.

(Edited by Fabrizo at 9:28 pm on Aug. 21, 2002)

if he uses my idea it will basically be the same as it is now, except it will have: NES: A - B - C - D etc. and you will be able to click on the letter and it takes you to that part of the section.

The method you suggested skank is giving me alot of trouble. Im going to continue trying to figure out what im doing wrong, but for now i've cut the nes and snes sections into seperate pages. If I can't get it to work, im looking at doing one of three things:

1. based on the new layout (the one I posted today), im going to break up the snes and nes sections into sub-sections based on the games beginning letter. (ex: index>snes/nes>a-z)

2. Making the index for the page have a-z links for the snes and nes, so each different game catagory of game (a-z), for each system has its own page.

3. Or keeping with the current setting

As soon as I get some of my developers free time you can expect a nice database driven interface which will be searchable.

My idea, which I've kinda been keeping to myself a bit so as not to get hopes up prematurely, involves the whole site working together, entirely database driven, searchable, printable etc etc etc...

For example, if you were to search for the game "Chrono Trigger", you could find all the reviews, FAQs, patches, movies, music, screenshots and hopefully even message board postings we have on it!

I have a lot of other ideas as well, but sadly I don't want to spoil any more surprises... as soon as they are ready I'll make a news post about them.

If it all works out as planned I think NX will be on of the most kickass communities around! All it will take is a little support for the community!

Whilst it might seem like I stole the idea for VGR... I did think of it a while back when VGR wasn't really happening and someone mentioned Mowgli's database.

So yes, Mowgli's database inspired me... but the ideas and functionality, whilst similiar, are my own.

Either way... it's not a competition :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back