Updated TMNT Emulator for Dreamcast

racketboy

Established Member
Want to play the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game on your Dreamcast?

Check out the latest update

arcade-2.png

The 4 player and 2 player games are different ROMs. Only on the 2p version can you actually select your turtle. On the 4p version it is determined by which joystick you're using. But yeah, hopefully it will be added in a future update. On a side note though, I believe both TMNT arcade games are supposed to be included in the upcoming TMNT 2.

I don't know that a game like TMNT would be very good over the internet, especially if you have no way of chatting w/your partners. Half the fun of playing beat 'em ups with a friend is the 'I'll take the left side -- you take the right side... hey, you bastard, don't eat all the pizza!' banter that goes on.

Microphone helps. Playing with friends helps too. It's not just that they aren't sitting next to you, its that you don't know them. But I could always play with buddies attending colleges miles apart, for instance. Except maybe my buddy Justin. His school doesn't seem to understand that 500ms latency isn't normal. I hope for his sake its better this year. :D

I had a quick question...

What do I need in order to play turtles on my DC? I downloaded the turtles files from the linked site, but what program do I use to run it? MAME? Could someone briefly explain step by step what I need to do. Thank you very much for your time.

You need the ROMs as well. Not sure what version this uses, but AFAIK the previous versions used an old ROM file, like from MAME 37 or so. Once you've got that you can slap it into a directory (presumably a folder called 'roms' underneath the main folder), and from there you will have to burn the disc using one of the programs popular for this purpose (Nero, CDRWIN, cdrecord). I'm afraid all that is a bit beyond the scope of this post, so check dcemulation.com for more information. You don't need anything else to run it, the included files contain a modified version of MAME.

Back