USA : The best seller PC is called ... Mac

vbt

Staff member
It's funny. Other PC manufacturer's sales grow down and Apple increases their sales even when they increase the price of their workstations (from 1.392 to 1.499 $ for desktop and 1.363 to 1.501 $ for laptop)

I doubt that a Mac is going to be in my budget in the forseeable future, but the current Mac Pro looks pretty impressive...

ExCyber said:
the current Mac Pro looks pretty impressive...

Yes, it is quite nice. Unfortunately memory costs and arm, a leg and a kidney and it doesn't look like the prices will come down anytime soon.

The trick is to buy the memory separately. Apple charges an absurd amount of memory that can be found much cheaper online.

I had one of those quad xeon mac pros with 2gb ram. Couldn't get used to it so I'm going to sell it on ebay.

tsumake said:
The trick is to buy the memory separately. Apple charges an absurd amount of memory that can be found much cheaper online.

Only a fool buys anything besides the basic configuration from Apple (400 euros for a 500GB HD? I think not!), but even third-party FB-DIMMs cost a lot. Fortunately if I ever do decide to upgrade I should be able to get a decent amount for my old sticks.

Back