VDP-1 pin 159

Hello all. After realising my Saturn was horribly broke, I decided to poke around and try and fix a 50/60hz mod I'd done a few years back. I soldered over the wire that I'd cut, and power was restored to the machine. I then decided to re mod it, this time I decided to lift pin 79 off VDP-1 and solder to that, since it's much easier to do. So I went ahead and did that.

Or did I? Oops, I realised to late I'd actually done it on pin 159 in carelessness. So, I removed my soldered wire from pin 159, and did it on pin 79 instead, then made an attempt to reconnect pin 159. However, this has clearly not been successful, as when I boot games I get a lot of graphics and colour corruption (as would be expected). My assumption is that this pin is not connected properly (in fact, it's not connected to anything now). The problem is, I can't see where it connects to? Should it connect to the track underneath VDP-1? And if it weren't connected at all, is graphics corruption what would be expected?

I'm pretty sure I've actually broken my Saturn permanently this time :( However, it's worth a shot since I can't really break it any more than it is.

Cheers for you help.

I did a quick continuity check on a spare VA8 board I had lying around. Pin 159 on VDP1 goes to Pin 11 on the Slave SH-2.

I hope that helps. :)

Back