Virtua Fighter 2 PS2 update

" they should be able to "fake" the emulation better than anyone else. So they're using HLE."

Yeah, its better that.

Or maybe they just rewrote all the gfx part to fit with the ps2 hardware.

Because, nowadays, making a game like VF2 is a piece of cake if you have the original code (ie: A pro programmer can do that in 2 days).

>ANd they said "Its a emulation" for 2 reasons:

-Sony marqueting : "Our playstation2 is a monster, it can emulate powerfull system".

-Sega interest : "the result isn't smooth and looks exactly like the original because its emulation".

You know, all cheats are possible with some agressive marqueting like sony or a bit sega.

>If all i say is true, sony and sega are happy:

-Sony "héhé, our playstation marketing is great, all guys thinks that PS2 is the best system ever".

-sega "Hoho, I'm so happy to sell old games without any efforts... And this stupid player won't see that this games runs worst fps than the original because bob, the programmer, is a crap in PS2 hardware".

Just my point of view.

I don't really know where you're going with that. Emulating Model 2 isn't a cakewalk. I've said that I'm sure they could have done a better job, but I've also said that time is a limiting factor.

However, they still could have whipped up Gamecube and Xbox versions with less effort and better results. Ideally, you do all three, but again time is a factor. They originally said they'd be platform agnostic, but apparently they meant that most of their releases would be exclusive to one of the three.

Back