Vote for you favorite Sonic Music!

I totally dig TJ Lewis' Sonic R vocals and Richard Jaques accompanying happy dancy background music. As weeny and cheesy as it is, This soundtrack and the one from NiGHTS, I consider my guilty pleasures in game music.

Sonic 2, Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic 3 come in second.

Sonc Adventure 2 has an excellent soundtrack as well

For me, it's really a toss-up between Sonic 2 and Sonic 3, but I gave my vote to Sonic 3.

I'd cite a bunch of tunes from both to explain my opinion, but since you Sega fans already know what songs are great, I'll skip that.

It's sad to say, but I don't think Sonic music has been as good as it was in the Genesis days. Too much electric guitar.

I can't decide, so I won't vote. There are tracks I like from pretty much all of them. The weakest one is probably Sonic 3D Blast for Genesis, but the CDDA music from the Saturn version had some great ones.

I'll think about it some more.

Originally posted by cherok@Jun 8, 2004 @ 12:19 AM

I totally dig TJ Lewis' Sonic R vocals and Richard Jaques accompanying happy dancy background music.

In the CITAAY

WHOA

YEAH

Livin' in the city, you know you have to survive.

It's really not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

I voted for Sonic R, imho one of the best game soundtracks EVER. I don't think the music is cheesy, it perfectly fits the game, in all it's colourful glory. I still find myself humming those tunes quite regularly :)

Where's Sonic & Knuckles?!

Ah well, out of the selection I would have to say Sonic R is best. It has some very catchy tunes, and you can listen to it with or without vocals, which is great :)

I can't believe people liked the Sonic R soundtrack so much.. It was okay.. I guess... Not only did my friends sort of tease me for owning a Saturn when they heard that music (as they were all ninty fanboys with N64s) I didn't think it was so crash hot either.. I turned the vocals off.

However I did think that all other Sonic games have always had great music, right from Sonic 1. So I too can't vote. But where's the Sonic CD option, reguardless?

Actually, I think that Sonic Adventure had the best... But why the hell did Sonic Team allow the music to just cut off when the gamer entered a new area, even if it was the same song starting again from the start?!?! :rant

I mean, I've heard the start to the world map song so many times...

I voted for Sonic 1. Green Hill Zone and Star Light Zone music are cooler than anything in the rest of the Sonic series. After that it would probably be Sonic 2, Sonic 3&K (I don't really consider them two seperate games), and Sonic CD. But I'll give honorable mention to SA2- most of the music isn't that great, but I really like the first level theme, jungle level theme, and the theme of that level where you have to jump on all those rotating cylinders (Final Rush? something like that).

Knuckles' Chaotix. Even though it's not REALLY a Sonic game, it's got the best sonic-style music I've ever heard. Especially midnight greenhouse... seriously listen to that track!

I finally settled on Sonic Adventure 1. But I still like something from pretty much all of them.

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Jun 8, 2004 @ 02:46 AM

Over 100 views and only 22 votes? C'mon guys, you can do better!

Views are counted even if you've been to the thread before though... so really my 1 vote has been counted as 5 views. First time I checked out all the options, then I came back after thinking about it (but as a guest since I had logged off on this machine), then another 'view' after I logged in to vote, then it brought me back after voting so that added another, then going in and out of the thread once to double check that views do get added on every time you refresh the page. I guess after I reply it'll bring me back again, so that'll make it 6 overall...

But anyway, my vote goes out to Sonic 2. It improved on Sonic 1's tunes while still keeping it simple and great.

---Ammut

I’d vote for Sonic 3&K if it was around (unlike some, I do consider it one game). Sonic 1 had the two most member toons in the entire series (Green Hill, Starlight), but Sonic 3&K had the best quality of music overall. From beginning to end, the music pretty much made the feeling of the game flow, and when you hit the VERY end of the game in the Doomsday Zone, you know shit has hit the fan!

SA1 & 2’s music is lyrically too cheesy for me to enjoy, even if musically it’s really good.

Back