what is the best way to play a cdr

i have found my sega saturn and want to play cdr's in it but i dont want to disc swap, because i wrecked 2 psx's doing that, is there anything lik the dreamcast likea boot disc that lets you put in your cdr or another dreamcast method was they made self booting games can this be done, any suggestions on how to play cdrs safely would be great :)

The thing about the PSX is the motor doesn't slow down when you swap, so it damages the unit pretty quick. I've been swapping for some time (well, not recently) and no issues w/ my Saturn.

But if you don't want to swap, the next best thing is a modchip. While you're at it, get one of those 3in1 or 4in1 carts. They're very useful.

www.lik-sang.com

www.lan-kwei.com //which is much cheaper

MTXBlau

is there anything lik the dreamcast likea boot disc that lets you put in your cdr

Yes. They're fairly rare, and copies of them don't work for the same reason that copies of any other Saturn disc don't work. Don't expect to be able to find one.

or another dreamcast method was they made self booting games can this be done

Not as far as anyone knows. There might be some way to do it, but it might require hacking CD-R firmware (not something you can exactly find a manual on) and is really off in Theory Land right now.

just buy a mod chip.. it took me 20 minutes to install mine and 15 of that was me looking for my soldering gun.

Back