where can i get one

I heard there was a dreamcast selling for $25 in eb games. Is this reasonable? And also is 'sanfransisco rush' a good game for the dreamcast? I've looked up reviews but am still not sure weather or not to buy it.

:)

thanks

san fran rush is alright. I like em, but lots of people don't. If you like arcade racers, you will like this one.

25 bucks isn't bad. What all it come with?

i know I've played sanfransisco rush and stuff for the nintendo 64 its a nice game anyway it comes with a controler and a game of my choice. I have a question. My friend told me the fan in the dreamcast is there to keep it from overheating. He told me on the ps2, and xbox and such, its there because they have so many surkets?

$25 is totally reasonable for a Dreamcast, but it will probably be in crappy condition. I'd go so far as to say that 75% of people can't take decent care of their stuff. So with that being said, as a collector I'd recommend an unopened dreamcast--here's one of the few that are on eBay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...8190737531&rd=1

Yeah, I know, they are expensive so if you don't care about that, then go for the cheap $25 Dreamcast.

Yeah actually Dreamcast does have a rinky-dink fan in it, to the right of the controller block. It's so tiny I don't know if it does any cooling though.

no, he let me take a look at it. It suck i live in manatoba canada, and i can't get a pic of it. It looks ok to me, and i checked inside and such. And the guy said that there would be a garentee..i think 30 days or something. Well, off i go to buy it, then...so what your saying the fan doesn't even cool the system? Wo sega...lol no im kidding...

Originally posted by genisus man@Sat, 2005-05-07 @ 06:41 PM

no, he let me take a look at it. It suck i live in manatoba canada, and i can't get a pic of it. It looks ok to me, and i checked inside and such. And the guy said that there would be a garentee..i think 30 days or something. Well, off i go to buy it, then...so what your saying the fan doesn't even cool the system? Wo sega...lol no im kidding...

[post=133749]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't see how it can cool anything when it is so small (about the size of a quarter). I don't know if there are any Canadian coins the size of a USA quarter, but if you ever get one in your change, that's about how big it is. :p

$25 isn't a very bad price, and San Fran Rush 2049 is one of the best multiplayer games for the Dreamcast. And about the fan... Sega wouldn't have just thrown it in there for shits and giggles, it circulates air and cools the system.

DC system, AC cord, modem, AV cables, one controller, no VMU, $20 at Splitstone Entertainment near the Eastwood Mall in Trumbull County, Ohio.. Two of them. Plenty of VMUs for $5 each, no tax on anything. Nothing in the line of games though, Ready to Rumble, Tony Hawk 2, Ecco, and Crazy Taxi are the only non-sports games there.

SFRush 2049 is a great game. If you liked the N64 version you will definitely like the dreamcast version as it is much sharper with a better draw distance. Stunt mode is cool and 4 player battle mode is awesome.

Originally posted by Dud@Sat, 2005-05-07 @ 01:30 AM

I don't see how it can cool anything when it is so small (about the size of a quarter). I don't know if there are any Canadian coins the size of a USA quarter, but if you ever get one in your change, that's about how big it is. :p

[post=133754]Quoted post[/post]​

American quarters are pretty much identical in size to their Canadian counterparts :p The system does warm up over time if the fan is blocked, but it would have to be left on for hours to get anywhere near detrimental temperatures. Better safe then sorry. Too bad the motor that moves the laser is so noisy... that's my main complaint with the system.

Originally posted by pearl jammz

anyone ever have a dc overheat? I have never had any probs.

Yep, But it was after I purchased SA2. I came home and beat what I had left of Skies of Arcadia and then played SA2 till I beat it on both hero and dark. I think it was about 36 hours of non stop gameplay. The bitch froze while I was fighting the end boss and then just shut off.

I also had problems when I drove tractor trailor. I brought it with me for while I was parked or when my brother drove. But the main problem with it overheating was probably the fact it sat on a mattress and comforter.

I will say it was a chore to play games in that truck. The DC sucked so much power I had to mod the fuse on the power invertor. And doing the swap trick (as I hadn't gotten my chip yet and refused to bring my legite games on the road) was a pain with my saturn.

Back