Where would I go...

I know this has probabley been asked before, but where would you folks reccomend I go to buy a modchip for a playstation. It's an older model but fairly common...

Any suggestions for good websites would be much appriciated... I am of course most interested in price, delivery time, and instructional content...

Any help is much appriciated!

Thanks!

go to Playstationmods.com. Thats where I got mine. If you have an older PSX you game get a Game Enhancer that lets you play backups and foreign discs without installing a mod-chip. It plugs into the i/o port in the back and even has the same features as a Gameshark. Cost is about $25 including shipping. They send instructions and pics on how to install it and such. I would recomend you put a mod-chip in if you can at all. With the Game Enhancer you need to do the swap thingy and the movies play kinda trashy (so does the music on DDR!). But, if you are a pus and can't handle messin with your PSX then get it. Cost the same as a modchip. Their chips use the stealth crap that lets you play some of the newer games released. Hope you enjoy your Mod-chip. I know I do :)

You're not going to get it from playstation mods for a while:

Originally posted by www.playstationmods.com

Due to recent legal proceedings by Sony towards our sale of the NEO4 chip we have decided to close down all our modchip operations indefinitely.

At the end of the day we work hard on our main games and repairs businesses and it is simply not worth jeopardizing our staffs futures just to do modchips. This is the first time we've been asked to stop supplying modchips by Sony and we will comply without reservation and without prejudice.

Our new online Console Spares & Repair / DVD Player / Games & Gadgets shops will be open in the new year.

Thank you for your support and we hope you have a Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

(Edited by FLEABttn at 5:58 pm on Dec. 17, 2001)

it is.

as for the psx mod.. just get the cheapest one.

everyone sells the standard 4 wire mods nowadays, the only ones to avoid are the ones on a small pcb with a black "blob " on them.. they are crap. the ones that are actual chips with pins and all are fine, tho.

there's only a handful of games that actually have modchip detection, and for those there are patches or gameshark codes out there that will disable the protection.

if there's games that you KNOW will have protection and want badly, then go for a stealth chip.. it's just more wires.

Back