Who are you voting for President.

Heh, I'm not criticizing - it just seemed an odd quote for a near 20 year old, self proclaimed conservative to come out with.

Originally posted by mal@Jun 29, 2004 @ 09:29 PM

Heh, I'm not criticizing - it just seemed an odd quote for a near 20 year old, self proclaimed conservative to come out with.

Oh, I realize that.

I went through my liberal phase very quickly though. When I was 15 or 16, I decided to get all idealogical. Then I started following the news, got disillusioned with the acts of the democratic party versus it's supposed ideals, and realized that the conservatives were on a much better route, long run.

So I hit the intellectual 'peak' of 30 as proposed by Churchill and jumped ship.

Originally posted by racketboy@Jun 29, 2004 @ 10:20 PM

he was (at least I assume so) mimicking the PSX thread where Des and I were bickering

He seemed serious to me. :lol:

He is a real character, that's for sure. :biglaugh :huh: :unsure:

As far as voting, I'm not going to vote. I'm still too young believe it or not. But even if I could, I wouldn't bother because I live in a very democratic state and my vote for Bush would get cancelled out.

It's too late now, but there should've been two options for Kerry:
  • Kerry
  • Kerry (anti-Bush vote)

No, I was being serious.

I bumped this poll because there had been some political discussion over in the general forum generated by it290 on the topic of Fahrenheit 9/11 and also because someone had started a new election poll.

Recently, racketboy had bumped quite a few old threads for his own reasons, and I just queried this as it was quite unusual.

Originally posted by mal+Jun 23, 2004 @ 06:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Jun 23, 2004 @ 06:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> What is this?

Bump Week or something? :huh: [/b]

Usually it's a new member that reads through the older threads and bumps them by adding their own opinion or experience. It's unusual (to me anyway) for someone to bump a thread just becuase it interests them.

In response to my bump of this poll I got some 3 year old response back from racketboy. I guess it was some sort of "retaliation" for my previous comment about him. *sigh*

<!--QuoteBegin-racketboy
@Jun 30, 2004 @ 09:25 AM

what is this?!?!?!? BUMP WEEK?!?!?!?!?![/quote]

I now understand where his "FANBOY!!!" comment comes from - he thought that I was mimicking Des-ROW. That's not so bad in context, but...

I guess that I'm just sick of never being able to have any sort of serious dicussion here without someone having to go and act the fool. OK, maybe never is an exaggeration, but it certainly doesn't happen very often.

Personally, I could do without the political discussions. The "I think my girlfriend is crazy" topics were fun. Maybe if someone would make a quality game we'd have something to talk about. Seriously, what came out this year? A remake of Metal Gear Solid, a port of Metal Slug 3, and a new Ninja Gaiden; there were a few other good ones, possibly worth looking up but I'm not going to.

By all means have the "I think my girlfriend is crazy" and other fun topics. I like them too.

Not for a moment am I suggesting that all the topics here have to be serious. It would just be nice if the serious ones were allowed to remain so from time to time. Is that asking too much?

Originally posted by racketboy@Jun 30, 2004 @ 12:25 AM

what is this?!?!?!? BUMP WEEK?!?!?!?!?!

Do I really have to list all the threads you bumped in the saturn section lately ? :p

I can't understand HOW people can still want to vote for Bush....

Ok, i'm French....Ok, our president isn't better...

I think the only thing gamers like you can easily understand is ....a game..

so this is a political game (pixel art!)

Anti Bush game

it's not a stupid game...play it, you"ll perhaps learn a lot....

if not, come back here and explain me what is false (and what is true, be honest) in this game, i really want to understand what us people think about their "president"

In France, during in the last vote, we got 2 choices: the evil and the worst...we choose the worst and all his monkeys...

I don't know if it's the same thing in USA between Bush and Kerry, but Good luck! It's a hard time!

Kaneda

Originally posted by mal@Jun 30, 2004 @ 06:40 AM

No, I was being serious.

I bumped this poll because there had been some political discussion over in the general forum generated by it290 on the topic of Fahrenheit 9/11 and also because someone had started a new election poll.

Recently, racketboy had bumped quite a few old threads for his own reasons, and I just queried this as it was quite unusual.

Usually it's a new member that reads through the older threads and bumps them by adding their own opinion or experience. It's unusual (to me anyway) for someone to bump a thread just becuase it interests them.

In response to my bump of this poll I got some 3 year old response back from racketboy. I guess it was some sort of "retaliation" for my previous comment about him. *sigh*

I now understand where his "FANBOY!!!" comment comes from - he thought that I was mimicking Des-ROW. That's not so bad in context, but...

I guess that I'm just sick of never being able to have any sort of serious dicussion here without someone having to go and act the fool. OK, maybe never is an exaggeration, but it certainly doesn't happen very often.

sorry mal -- I was just fooling around with the bump comment. :blush:

Oddly much like mal I've been frustrated with certain persons here and the general vibe at SX. Not sure why that is. Maybe I'm nostalgic for the good old days. Or maybe it's about that time that I just take my leave. I made my mark in the HaF section, right? Hmm....

The problem, as previously mentioned, is that Republicans own the executive and legislative. And for the most part, most of the SC justices are conservative (at least from the case law I've read). There are a couple social issues that SCJ have sided on the 'liberal' side for, but it's mostly from originalism and not because of social concerns (i.e. Casey, where the right arises from penumbras and not because of a guaranteed right).

The point is, if you look at those things that the government is concerned with, as in legislation that gets proposed, very little has to do with rectifying the current problems. In his SotU address, he mentions doing a whole lot of things, but never seems to get around to it. I.e. his hydrogen cars. Granted, those vehicles would be even worse to the environment than current gas vehicles, but it'd be a good starting point to bridge the gap. Rather, he's complaining that no one passed his energy bill, and that's why we're stuck with high gas prices. Complainer, not a doer.

At least Clinton made an effort to look like he was getting stuff accomplished. He didn't get too bogged down in the bombing of Bosnia and Iraq did he? Not particularly.

I suppose it's this micro management thing the gov't has been getting into the habit of. Very frustrating.

The economy does have a little to do with the government. As we know, deficit spending only degrades the economy's growth. What's odd is that prior to Reagan, republicans were fiscally very sound - now, as Cheney put it, "Reagan taught us that deficits don't matter." Scary thought.

If you want to pay attention to what the government is doing, C-SPAN is a good start. So is www.chblue.com, and www.opinionjournal.com.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Jun 30, 2004 @ 02:04 PM

Oddly much like mal I've been frustrated with certain persons here and the general vibe at SX. Not sure why that is. Maybe I'm nostalgic for the good old days. Or maybe it's about that time that I just take my leave. I made my mark in the HaF section, right? Hmm....

Am I one of those certain persons? :unsure:

I'm sorry if I've gotten on anyone's nerves :(

Originally posted by schi0249@Jun 30, 2004 @ 10:08 AM

Ice for president. He could make the genesis launch day a national holiday.

sure thing he won't be holding any game at guantanamo. :damn:

MTXBlau Posted on Jun 30, 2004 @ 09:04 AM

Oddly much like mal I've been frustrated with certain persons here and the general vibe at SX. Not sure why that is. Maybe I'm nostalgic for the good old days.

maybe you take things just to seriously. :(

please enjoy the precious time and space SX forums like this one represent.

have fun, relax, tell big tales and drink a good ice cold beer. Life is a LOT more complicated so why not enjoy the breeze?

ROCK ON, MAL ! :cheers

why is it that we can't vote for a person of the same party as the current president? Like if I wanted to vote for a Republican other than Bush?

Well, there's only one nomination. Theoretically, the Republican party doesn't HAVE to nominate Bush. Of course, that doesn't stop other Republicans from running. But the parties pick their strongest candidates; they don't want to divide the voting public. See Nader, '00.

Back