wishful thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i;ve seen those pics on nintendo power before
they were talking about how you use the analog stick to do certain things or something i forget. it was on their 'epic center' section or something like that

It's amazing how much better that games looks on the N64... FF7 on PSX was a dog!

You can keep the crappy FMV's... I want the whole game to look good!

I wish Square hadn't gone to the dark side. I think we lost out on a great game!

Yea, the game did look pretty amazing on the N64. For a little while I was realy big into getting info/pics/vids etc. of games never released, FF64 ended up being one of those games I got to researching. I have the video files of the game in action as well, but now that NX doesn't host vids, and the FTP for uploading isn't around anymore, I guess the NX community will have to do with just the pics.

Yea, the vids are of a battle. The game I heard was just built to test what the N64 could do, and was never planned to be released, even if Square had stayed with Nintendo.

Hang onto those videos. NX _will_ have movies, music and whatever again! ... just need to find soewhere to host them for now.

Surely if they had gone through the trouble of making all of that, they would have released it as a game at some point?

Seems like a bit of a waste of time to make all that and not release it. (Assuming Square had stayed with 'tendo.)

Surely if they had gone through the trouble of making all of that, they would have released it as a game at some point?
They may have been at a similar point as the developing team working on Zelda GC's first version. I sure could have gone for Ura-Zelda.

Iceman can't let the backstabbing theory rest. Didn't Nintendo64 betray 2D gaming?

FF64 was just a tech demo as Fabrizo said, to show off the capabilities of N64 hardware. Square wouldn't have released the game anyway (When have you ever seen a Final Fantasy Game that had the exact same characters twice?) I'm pretty sure that it wasn't done on the actual N64 hardware but rather on SGI Workstations which would mimic the capabilities of the N64 (sorta like those X-BOX PC Devkits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back