• Rise from your gwave!

!!!YAY!!!

Discussion in 'Retro Video Games' started by Nelsonpby, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Nelsonpby

Nelsonpby New Member

I picked up a Neo Geo CD system today!

It's the top loading one (not sure which model that is yet).

Here are my games....

King of Fighters 94

Road to the Final Victory 3 (Art of Fighting 3 i believe).

Samurai Spirits (Samurai Showdown i believe too).

And these 2 are still shrinkwrapped!

GanGan

Ninja Commando.

YAY! [​IMG]

2. FAKK2

FAKK2 New Member

cool, you got yourself the Single speed neo geo cd with fatal fury 3, samurai shodown, and KOF94, plus Agressors of Dark Kombat and Ninja Commando...

3. FAKK2

FAKK2 New Member

make sure if you make backups you use my kit 0.6 and you should be able to copy and play all the cdr games on your real system with no problems [​IMG] oh and its going to be updated shortly...

4. Nelsonpby

Nelsonpby New Member

Will do FAKK2. Thanks for your Neogeo wisdom. [​IMG]

5. FAKK2

FAKK2 New Member

my pleasure [​IMG] and I think you need to check your profile and fix your avatar (picture)...its not showing up. Oh and Im going to release Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer Neo Geo CD in about 1 hour! I have someone downloading it now to test it out...if all goes well, you all should get it real soon. It will only be up for 1-2 weeks so those of you with 56k modems .....get your ass to work!! [​IMG] Ill post the link to the game in about 1 hour or so....

6. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Actually you don't even need a kit to copy Neo Geo cds for a front loading system.

7. FAKK2

FAKK2 New Member

thats cool for the 1,000 people that own one...but the rest of us need the kit.....

8. Azazel

Azazel New Member

I'm pretty sure it's just the CDZ system you need the patches or cracking totorial to use. I have normal Neo Geo cd and don't need to use the kit to play copies on my machine. And no I don't have one of those 1000 front loader systems.

9. FAKK2

FAKK2 New Member

hmmm.....i find that hard to believe as I had the single speed system, and it had copy protection..

10. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Well I have all of the Neo Geo cds except for 2 of them. The only one I can't get to copy and work on my system is the Neo Geo cd Special.

11. FAKK2

FAKK2 New Member

you own 98 neo geo cd games? are they all origonal cds? we might need to do some trading. [​IMG] do you own any on the list that I need?

12. ExCyber

ExCyber Staff Member

Is CDZ actually a 2X drive? I remember hearing that it was actually a 1X drive, but with a cache to improve speed for games that reload data frequently...

13. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Well I don't own the orignals of all of them anymore but I did copy 90% of them from my originals. The other ones I got in trades. The 2 I'm missing are Baseball Stars Professional and Pleasure Goal Street Soccer 5-on-5 / Futsal. If you have either of these 2 I'd probably be interested in some kind of trade?

These are the ones I have to the best of my memory. I might of left a few off as I have used the stuff in a long time.

ADK World

Agressors of Dark Combat

Art of Fighting

Art of Fighting 2

Art of Fighting 3

ASO2

Baseball Stars 2

Breakers

Burning Fight

Crossed Swords

Crossed Swords 2

Cyber Lip

Double Dragon

Dunk Dream

Far East of Eden Kabuki Clash

Fatal Fury

Fatal Fury 2

Fatal Fury Special

Fatal Fury 3

Fighters History Dynamite

Fianl Romance 2

Fire Suplex

Flying Power Disk

Football Frenzy

Galaxy Fight

Ghost Pilots

Gowcaizer

Iron Clad

Joy Joy Kid

KOF 94

KOF 95

KOF 96

KOF 96 Neo Geo Collection

KOF 97

KOF 98

KOF 99

King of Monsters 2

Last Blade

Last Blade 2

Last Resort

League Bowling

Magicial Drop 2

Magician Lord

Mahjong Kyo Retsuden

Master of Syougino Tatsugun

Metal Slug

Metal Slug 2

Mutation Nation

Nam 1975

Neo Geo CD Special

Neo Driftout

Neo Turf Masters

Ninja Combat

Ninja Commando

Ninja Masters

Overtop

Power Spikes 2

Pulstar

Puzzle Bubble

Puzzled

Quest of the Jong Master

Quiz of Fighters

Raguy

Rally Chase

Real Bout Fatal Fury

Real Bout Fatal Fury 2

Real Bout Fatal Fury Special

Riding Hero

Robo Army

Samurai Shodown

Samurai Shodown 2

Samurai Shodown 3

Samurai Shodown 4

Samurai Shodown RPG

Savage Reign

Sengoku Ace

Sengoku Ace 2

Shin Oh Ken Ragnagard

Soccer Brawl

Sonic Wings 2

Sonic Wings 3

Stake Winners

Super Baseball 2020

Super Sidekicks

Super Sidekicks 2

Super Sidekicks 3 The Next Glory

The Super Spy

Top Hunter

Twinkle Star Sprites

View Point

World Heroes

World Heroes 2

World Heroes Jet

World Heroes Perfect

Zentrick

14. BigDAlcala

BigDAlcala Guest

Azazel. Why don't you ask him for stuff from other systems too? I mean, if you only want two games, then he's only gonna get two games in return. I'm sure he'd like to get more than two games from a person that has ALL of them [​IMG] So ask him for other stuff too.

15. FAKK2

FAKK2 New Member

these are the last 4 that I need as I have the others....

1. Eightman

2. Master of Syougi

3. Riding Hero

4. Kizuna Encounter

if you have any of these let me know...PM me so we dont clutter op the messageboard with stuff.... [​IMG] I have the 2 you need.

and Ex....many say its not a true 2x speed system...but after studying both and comparing the 2 I truely believe not only is the CDZ a 2x it also has more memory read ahead optimization and its obvious side by side...both systems have thier good points and bad points.

16. Azazel

Azazel New Member

I have the third one for sure. Do you knoe if the other 3 titles are known under any other different names at all. I'm soemwhat certain I also have the second one but I would need to check.

17. FAKK2

FAKK2 New Member

different names for them...well, Eightman is Eightman eitherway...Master of Syougi is a Japanese only Mah-Jong game it only goes by that name, I think you have that one. Riding Hero is the same in all contrys also....Kizuna Encounter is part 2 of Savage Reign, it only came out in japan under the name Kizuna Encounter Super Tag Battle....its unknown as of right now if Kizuna Encounter was ever released on cd....

18. Assi

Assi New Member

Wasn't it a common mistake to write syo instead of sho when romanising Japanese words?

19. ExCyber

ExCyber Staff Member

Not really a mistake as such, just a different romanization system. There's no such thing as a correct romanization system, only popular/accepted ones. They're all "wrong" to varying degrees precisely because they're trying to represent Japanese speech with the Latin alphabet.