Yuji Naka Interview

schi0249

Mid Boss
I got the latest issue of Nintendo Power yesterday. While reading the article about PSo v.3, the had a brief Q and A with Yuji. When asked about a new offline PS, he responded with "I can not comment at this time". He said he is working on a new project that should be revealed at E3. Man do I hope it is PS V. Also, when asked about making a sequel to Nights, he said he doesn't see that ever happening. He likened it to Steven Speilberg trying to back a sequel to E.T.

I posted this over in SX, but though since it's a Nintendo article, people here might find it of interest.

Sequals to movies are much different than sequals to video games -- especially when the story isn't that crucial. An ET sequal would just be dumb. A NiGHTS sequal would, most likely, be heaven.

And a sequel to a game doesn't necessarily have to tie in with a previous game's story line. Take Final Fantasy for example (ecluding X2 ;) ).

A new Phantasy Star would be great, and even more great if it's on the Cube. I really don't want to buy a PS2 to play the AGES remakes of II and IV.

That damn idiot! I want a sequel to NiGHTS! And I want it now... even a remake of the original would be enough... I bet they could even do it on the GBA.

Grindie said:
That damn idiot! I want a sequel to NiGHTS! And I want it now... even a remake of the original would be enough... I bet they could even do it on the GBA.
Why don't you try the NiGHTS gameboy advance minigame from Pjantasy Star Online Ep. 1+2? :p

Back