AtomisWave

We know what you meant, Cloud. But this had nothing to do with DC homebrew or fanbase, or DC at all. That's why I posted the silly picture. I was being silly. haha, and such. But then everybody went into Tactical Mode. Yeah, I read too much scifi.

Just one question.

If the Dreamcast is indeed dead, why did Sega just release Puyo Puyo Pop Fever for the PS2, GC, Xbox and Dreamcast? <_< :) Heck, why is any company still releasing games for it, at least in Japan?

Originally posted by Taelon@Feb 28, 2004 @ 04:02 PM

Just one question.

If the Dreamcast is indeed dead, why did Sega just release Puyo Puyo Pop Fever for the PS2, GC, Xbox and Dreamcast? <_< :) Heck, why is any company still releasing games for it, at least in Japan?

Mainly because it's ridiculously easy to port DirectX based PC games to the DC. Which is why 99% of all the games that have come out for it have been crap dating sims and hentai games that were originally on PC's. It takes maybe a week or two to port the games so they publishers were just looking for a quick buck. As for Puyo it was an easy port too since essentially the Xbox version uses DirectX and it hardly takes the hardware to the limits...so a DC port would have been very easy and cheap to make.

Just one question.

Look up when Tony Hawk 3 was released for N64... would you have said N64 was still alive during that time frame?

Well I sent in a news article about them re-releasing the DC in japan. So there you have it for even more DC life heh heh.

Way to rock it Dreamcast!

Just one question.

You are right, the Dreamcast is alive, the current console war is between the PlayStation2, the Xbox, Gamecube and the Dreamcast.

Who cares if the system gets less than one release every two months? It's still alive, like the PlayStation.

Fanboyism is funny.

Originally posted by Darsh@Feb 29, 2004 @ 03:01 AM

Well I sent in a news article about them re-releasing the DC in japan. So there you have it for even more DC life heh heh.

Way to rock it Dreamcast!

Yes, but they still aren't producing them... it's basically a ploy to get rid of their remaining overstock and make some cash in the process.

Yeah, I figured they just found some in the warehouse heh heh.

Still though attention is attention. They've been re-releasing lots of DC games.

Originally posted by Darsh@Feb 29, 2004 @ 10:15 AM

Any system will live on if the public wants it to.

How about this: The DC is basically commercially dead. You can still play it, people can and do still make things for it. But it is not competing for market share. Fair enough?

Well it still is otherwise why would anyone make anything for it. I do know what you mean though.

Then again what would forums be without us blabbering about crap like this lol. I just have too much love for the DC.

I rest now.

Back