AtomisWave

Yes darling, I actually follow Dreamcast releases in Japan.

And less than one release per month doesn't mean it is still alive.

The Neogeo arcade system should've been put to rest a long time ago. If memory serves it was originally introduced 13 or so years back. Could be longer. Suffice to say they've gotten a whole lot out of it. With a few minor enhancements along.

And I'm rather interested to see what a King of Fighters would look like on better hardware, that can support higher resolution sprites and more fluid animation.

The Dreamcast is only dead if people stop playing it. It's the gamers that make it dead.

Although I do know what you're trying to say Des-ROW. There are not enough games coming out to make it anything now a days (stupid date sims are coming out pretty much), and if they do come out with anything else or decent they also come out on PS2.

Right now there's a petition to get SNK vs Capcom: Chaos, KOF 2003, and Metal Slug 5 on the DC.

http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/sites.php?nav=3&id=7

SIGN IT AND GET OTHERS TO DO SO THEN SEND IT TO SNK/PLAYMORE!!!

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Feb 25, 2004 @ 05:28 AM

Hmm... the resolution is too high, those are development shots.

If I wasn't so lazy I could have even included a Halo background, and not cropped and resized it.

Originally posted by Darsh@Feb 26, 2004 @ 12:54 AM

Although I do know what you're trying to say Des-ROW. There are not enough games coming out to make it anything now a days (stupid date sims are coming out pretty much), and if they do come out with anything else or decent they also come out on PS2.

Stupid date sims? You are talking about what keeps the Dreamcast alive. They deserve respect.

Right now there's a petition to get SNK vs Capcom: Chaos, KOF 2003, and Metal Slug 5 on the DC.

Petitions will lead you nowhere, This kind of things were ALWAYS ignored by developers/publishers, unless you sign a contract specifying that you have at least 250,000 people that guarantee that they will indeed buy this releases.

SNK has decided to stop "playing" with their money, they left the Neo-Geo hardware, so do not expect them to develop for a system that died before their own hardware.

Sheesh, be a little more downbeat, willya? I'm not saying I think there's a big chance it'll happen, but IIRC you said something similar about Shikigami 2...

Originally posted by Adrock+Feb 25, 2004 @ 02:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Adrock @ Feb 25, 2004 @ 02:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Des-ROW@Feb 24, 2004 @ 06:43 AM

Sammy stopped supporting the Dreamcast long ago, people just do not understand when a system is dead.

Do you actually follow Dreamcast releases in Japan? They have had a few games that have been high profile. And the next big one is late March. Psyvariar 2 is coming to the Dreamcast via Naomi, if they release games in Japan only they can still make money on good releases for the Dreamcast. [/b][/quote]

You moron, of course she follows the Dreamcast's Japanese releases.

Look at the last line of her signature, look at the way she dresses up, look at the music group her name represents, and PUT TWO AND TWO TOGETHER.

Indeed. The point of this is that this will just be a modded Dreamcast for the most part for a home system. That's great! This really has nothing to do with the DC at all. End of story.

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Feb 26, 2004 @ 09:30 PM

Look at the last line of her signature, look at the way she dresses up, look at the music group her name represents, and PUT TWO AND TWO TOGETHER.

Ahhh, of course i forgot that if someone decides to have an avatar like that and have a certain signature they MUST follow Dreamcast release dates.

I must remember to judge every single person by those key indicators you so helpfully pointed out to me.

Originally posted by Darsh+Feb 27, 2004 @ 02:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darsh @ Feb 27, 2004 @ 02:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Des-ROW@Feb 27, 2004 @ 02:03 AM

What?

Well seeing how NeoGeo made home systems, you can only imagine that after time there will be one for AtomisWave as well. [/b][/quote]

Not at all, this games are more likely to get ported to the current consoles.

I'll say this flat out... Official ports, not very likely. But if you don't mind wearing an eye patch and walking around on a peg-leg, there's gonna be a nice scene there.

Argh, matey.

Possibly, but it won't be an easy endeavor. The Atomiswave is cartridge-based, so some very in-depth hacking would be required.

Originally posted by racketboy@Feb 27, 2004 @ 04:29 PM

NEO-GEO was cutting edge when it was released.

AW is not cutting edge.

Atomiswave was not just released.

I'll say this flat out... Official ports, not very likely. But if you don't mind wearing an eye patch and walking around on a peg-leg, there's gonna be a nice scene there.

What? When I say "ports", I mean Atomiswave games ported to current generation consoles like PlayStation2/GameCube/Xbox. That will indeed happen, no need for hacking.

Originally posted by Adrock+Feb 27, 2004 @ 11:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Adrock @ Feb 27, 2004 @ 11:40 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tagrineth@Feb 26, 2004 @ 09:30 PM

Ahhh, of course i forgot that if someone decides to have an avatar like that and have a certain signature they MUST follow Dreamcast release dates.

I must remember to judge every single person by those key indicators you so helpfully pointed out to me. [/b][/quote]

Here's another tip, check "Location" in her profile, and google it if you haven't ever seen that name before.

Originally posted by Tagrineth+Feb 24, 2004 @ 08:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tagrineth @ Feb 24, 2004 @ 08:43 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cloud121@Feb 24, 2004 @ 09:07 AM

Dreamcast didn't die! And it will never die!

Now that's a lovely fanboy statement...

Where's my HALO for SNES, dammit? [/b][/quote]

What I mainly meant by that is the homebrew scene and such. DC's legions of fans help too! :D :lol: :thumbs-up:

Back