DEv Kits For genny

Originally posted by Kaneda@Feb 27, 2004 @ 11:23 AM

in fact my problem is more on writing FM patches...

i already have the music driver ready but my patches are bad... :(

(look at the end of my ooga booga demo..it's ugly!!)

There are a number of Yamaha synthesizers (DX and TX series) that use a compatible FM chip. You can find patches for these all over the web. There are also some helpful guides on how to create patches that sound good.

Originally posted by Mask of Destiny@Feb 27, 2004 @ 09:32 AM

There are a number of Yamaha synthesizers (DX and TX series) that use a compatible FM chip. You can find patches for these all over the web. There are also some helpful guides on how to create patches that sound good.

i know :(

i tried with a lot of them....i didn"t find one with a synth near ym2612...

why ? i didn't find one with the same algorithms!

and i tried!!!

i wrote a DX7 converter and a TX81z converter...without success...

to test my driver i used genecyst ym2612 dump...

BUT perhaps i missed something....

i since improved my FM knowledge...so perhaps i have to retry, i don't know

Originally posted by Kaneda+Feb 27, 2004 @ 02:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kaneda @ Feb 27, 2004 @ 02:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mask of Destiny@Feb 27, 2004 @ 09:32 AM

i know :(

i tried with a lot of them....i didn"t find one with a synth near ym2612...

why ? i didn't find one with the same algorithms!

and i tried!!!

i wrote a DX7 converter and a TX81z converter...without success...

to test my driver i used genecyst ym2612 dump...

BUT perhaps i missed something....

i since improved my FM knowledge...so perhaps i have to retry, i don't know [/b][/quote]

IIRC, the DX7 is a 6 op synth so converting those over probably won't work too well. TX81z should work pretty well since its also a 4-op synth and the YM2612 has most of the same features, you just have to account for the fact that all the documentation for the Yamaha synths numbers the operators in the reverse order of the documentation we have on the YM2612.

(i also tried the FB01)

thanks for the info...i never saw that !!

as i said i made a big error : work with synth without even now what exaxtly is FM, enveloppe, decay,etc... :)

Hi!

Kaneda, are you ok on FM principles now or do you need further help?

Respectible.... if you still need help with scanning and PDFing the manuals, feel free to give me a shout... I'm located in SE UK.

Hello!

I didn't work on FM for a long time....I'm busy on several others (genny related) project but it's still on mind :)

Respectible did'nt give news since February, unfortunally :(

Back