Gameplay Video Archive

I'd also be interested but the problem of time gets in the way of me being any help right now. I'd be able and happy to help out in December however :)

---Ammut

Finally got the stuff hooked up, and capturing works, however... I'm running into a problem with capturing this (was gonna test it out before I offered to do videos of a bunch of games). The audio sounds quite frankly like ass. I listen to the audio in as it records and it sounds fine, but as soon as I test the video, the audio just sounds terrible. If you don't care about having good quality/any sound on the videos (or you know a fix for the radeon software) then I can do videos for the following games:

http://scrdrbbt.cjb.net/pub/list.txt

In addition, with a bit of notice I can get my hands on corpse killer for the saturn as well.

Well the problem has been resolved, apparently it's a problem with my sound card, even though it sounded fine when playing live, it records bad or something. Recording through line in solved it.

if you could help out, that would be great.

BTW, you don't have to use you card's software.

You could always use VirtualDub or something like that

works fine as it is, I got the sound issue resolved, sending a sample video of my first time playing initial d to a friend to see if he can open it. If so just tell me what games you want videos of, and how long you want them to be. I'll start recording tomorrow night and set you up with access to them on my ftp.

Here's the ones I'd like to see first:

06/18/2003 04:35 PM <DIR> Guardian Heroes

12/10/2002 08:28 AM <DIR> Metal Slug

02/02/2003 08:12 PM <DIR> NiGHTS Into Dreams

02/10/2003 10:46 PM <DIR> Panzer Dragoon

02/10/2003 10:16 PM <DIR> Panzer Dragoon Saga

06/18/2003 04:58 PM <DIR> Panzer Dragoon Zwei

12/06/2002 08:32 AM <DIR> Radiant Silvergun

12/22/2002 01:56 AM <DIR> Shining Force 3 - Scenario 1

12/06/2002 08:26 AM <DIR> Shining Force 3 - Scenario 2 - Japanese

12/22/2002 11:19 PM <DIR> Shining Force 3 - Scenario 3 - Japanese

12/10/2002 01:42 PM <DIR> Shining the Holy Ark

12/05/2002 11:12 PM <DIR> Shining Wisdom

12/08/2002 10:33 PM <DIR> Sonic Jam

12/10/2002 03:44 PM <DIR> Sonic R

11/10/2003 03:20 PM <DIR> Thunderforce V

01/01/2003 07:47 PM <DIR> Vampire Savior - Japanese - 4M card

06/18/2003 07:33 PM <DIR> Virtua Cop

04/03/2003 11:12 AM <DIR> Virtua Cop 2

06/18/2003 07:48 PM <DIR> Virtua Fighter 2

03/11/2003 11:22 AM <DIR> Virtual On

About 3 1/2 minutes of each total would be ideal.

Try to mix up the levels and such about 45 sec - 1 1/4 min of a piece.

Keep cutscenes to a minimum

Also a shot of the title screen and menus would be appreciated :D

K, not sure if I'm gonna be able to start tonight after all, a friend from grass valley has a sick pc he is bringing down here tonight I found out. But I can start tomorrow night for sure.

that's fine -- whatever

no rush

BTW, might wanna do like 4-5 mins for the more popular games like Nights and such.

Lol yeah, I'll need to practice for those for a bit before I attempt to record myself playing them... I'm SO out of practice in NiGHTS lmao. I might get my friend to do a few of them for me, since he's better at some of the games than I am.

As per my message, the first batch are done. My upload speed is less than stellar though. I'd suggest downloading the smallest rar on the ftp and making sure they are high enough res and they sound alright. I used the dvd quality video setting on the ati capture software so it should be good, but if not, then redoing those videos wouldn't be a problem. My friend and I have decided that he'll do the video's while I work the recording controls and direct him.

You wanna tack any more games onto that list for me to do tonight? Cause I think I can get those on that list done tonight plus maybe some more. How's that download coming?

I PMd ya about the DL.

go ahead an just do whatever other games you feel like doing.

just do what you think are the coolest.

so far we've only been doing videos from teh first level or two, if you want more levels than that we can do so. I need to know if the extracted video works, if not we'll redo them tonight.

hehe -- we have conversation going here and PM.

anyway, if the levels aren't real different, don't worry about it.

but like I was working on Gunstar Heroes and since there was a level select and the levels were a bit different, I recorded a few of them.

Back