How long did your NES last? - mine didn't last very long b/c

mine was got in 1986 june 8 (2 days after i was born) for my brothers and i got in to games when i was 4 and it still works like its bran-new

my faves

bionic commando
megaman 1-6
the lengend of zelda
the adventure of link
ninja gadian
the three stooges

my oldest nes died b/c of a defective power port, but now i have 2 systems, one works great (except someone switched the first and second controlelr ports), and the other is missing sheilding, and starts acting weird sometimes, but in the long run they are a damned durable system.You know why they made the nes cart load like it does? its to aviod scraping the contacts off, but what it ended up doing by not abrading them is allowing them to corode, which is why it can be hard to make the system boot a cart sometimes. Get some intresting info from reading the pattent for a system...

I'm using my 1 and only NES of all time. :) I got it one Chirstmas going on 15 years ago. I still have the original Mario and 2 controllers that came with it.

Aww, 2!!! controllers! the good ol' days.

These controllers are awesome! I can't believe how well they still work. As a kid I use to chew the wire during brain stompin' stressful gaming, and the inner wires show. . . but all the buttons work perfectly on both controllers! :p I wish they made remote controls and cordless phones with buttons this well.

The NES itself needed a good cleaning and it plays all carts beautifully . . . for an old NES. My cuz also has a NES the same age, and it works better than mine . . her pins are so tight it's hard to get the game out, and she's never let a screwdriver near it.

Most recently, last month, I beat Zelda 1 again . . but this time I also played all the way through the Master's Quest for the first time. It was a blast beating both parts! The battery for this game is also in good shape.

I'm on my 3rd NES. I got my first graybox Xmas of '90. I sold it in '95 and got the toploader. Sold that in '99 and got a DC in 2000. I just picked up an old NES a little while ago at a Goodwill. I opened it up and I could feel that it had never been opened before. You know that feeling when the screws and the plastic threads creak that tells you that it's never been opened before. There was almost NO dust inside, I swear! And it's cosmetically perfect too. It's like the person that it belonged to only used it once and then boxed it. It was amazing. I bought a new 72 pin connector and it works like new. Life is good. :)

Back