New Color Variations of USB Saturn Controllers

racketboy

Established Member
Back in July I brought you the news that Sega was going to be releasing a USB version of it's well-designed Saturn controller. Today, they revealed a bunch of of new color schemes for the controllers. There is a quite an array to choose from. I suppose these will only be sold in Japanese retail outlets, but I'm sure you can import some if you wish.

Sega seems to be one of the lone publishers that is striving to cater to retro gamers. Unfortunately the retro community isn't as strong here in the States as it is in Japan.

Wow, this is fuckin awesome!!!! Now all I need is for Sega to release them again for the Saturn, lol. I love those controllers....I need to get some for my Saturn, anyone have any they are willing to sell? I am buying a few (don't have any currently).

Has any one from SX bought one? I want one, but I think I would be quite a mission to import them to OZ.

You can purchase one at Play-Asia for about $52 AUD (for the regular Saturn colours). From my experience, their services are reliable, so you don't have to worry.

I just ordered a White USB pad from them using bank transfer (slower to confirm the order, I know, but so be it), since I don't have a credit card and they apparently have a bank account open in Australia through Westpac, so you can avoid paying excessive bank-to-bank transfer fees.

I still recommend paying by credit card since it's faster, though.

God I so want one of those. That Saturn pad was the best gamepad ever made for any system.

Heck, they even included the small stop/play/rewind thingys next to the LRXYZ buttons.

However, looking at the specs, it has a much smaller cable the the Saturn, or at least I don't remember my Saturn having only a 200cm cable to it.

I think it would be easier for me to just buy a regular saturn pad and make a USB converter for it, though.

Anybody have one? I would get one if I could swap shells with a regular saturn pad and thus play it on my saturn.

Originally posted by SeGaFrEaK_NL@Wed, 2004-12-29 @ 10:25 AM

Seconded. :wub:

[post=126703]Quoted post[/post]​

well, it wasn't a perfect pad, but by far the best in overall performance/handling/design. It could've had a Select pad next to Start, and/or another two shifts at the top, preferably with the Dreamcast-like triggers so it has both kinds of buttons on top. And it lacked an analouge pad, but that ain't really a problem...

btw, is there a guide somewhere for making a Saturn pad -> USB converter?

Originally posted by Kisou@Wed, 2004-12-29 @ 04:55 AM

You can purchase one at Play-Asia for about $52 AUD (for the regular Saturn colours). From my experience, their services are reliable, so you don't have to worry.

I just ordered a White USB pad from them using bank transfer (slower to confirm the order, I know, but so be it), since I don't have a credit card and they apparently have a bank account open in Australia through Westpac, so you can avoid paying excessive bank-to-bank transfer fees.

I still recommend paying by credit card since it's faster, though.

[post=126695]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for the info :) I'll look into ordering two whites in the near future!

Got my order confirmed today! My USB pad should ship tomorrow and I will probably receive it within a week or two.

call me crazy, but the first Saturn pads are my personal favorite... I dunno, the model 2 pads are nice, but they just don't feel as natural in my hands and the model 1 does(they feel kinda small). But I imagine it's because my saturn is a model 1 and I am just used to it.

I would love it if they would release those over here. It looks way nicer than the pad I use for my emulators now. I'm thinking about importing one myself. Anyone from the US that does, let us know how it goes.

Originally posted by Borisz@Thu, 2004-12-30 @ 03:54 PM

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/sls/617434/ is THE first Saturn pad.

[post=126761]Quoted post[/post]​

I meant the first European saturn pad

manette%20officielle.jpg

Originally posted by vbt@Thu, 2004-12-30 @ 09:37 PM

I meant the first European saturn pad

manette%20officielle.jpg

[post=126776]Quoted post[/post]​

That's the one I was talking about(which is the first US saturn pad as well).. tis my favorite of the Saturn pads.

Back