New Color Variations of USB Saturn Controllers

Oh that one. I used it once, it has a HORRIBLE dpad. the original version is so much better, its basically a slightly modified Megadrive pad with more style.

Originally posted by Borisz@Fri, 2004-12-31 @ 08:05 PM

Oh that one. I used it once, it has a HORRIBLE dpad. the original version is so much better, its basically a slightly modified Megadrive pad with more style.

[post=126806]Quoted post[/post]​

That is the original my man... the one you're referring to is the model 2 controller(not the original), which came after the model 1(the original). These new USB controller are modeled after the model 2 controllers. I prefer the model 1, d-pad and all.

The japanese Saturn pics I saw circa 94 had the pads that Sega is currently releasing as USB gamepads. I'm quite sure that the pad you claim as "model 1" was only for the US and European models.

That's a really interesting point.

I don't think that I've ever actually seen a Japanese model 1 Saturn with the "model 1" pad, only the better "model 2" pad.

There's probably a reason for that. ;)

Originally posted by racketboy@Fri, 2005-01-07 @ 10:44 PM

awesome! can we get a review from you? :)

[post=127306]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, I'm no reviewer, but I'll cut and paste my impressions from my LiveJournal.

Got my Sega Saturn USB game pad from Play-Asia the other day and it is by far one of the most comfortable pads I've used.

It's lightweight, responsive and is easy to install and use (just plug into your USB port and play). I've already tested it on some games - Guilty Gear XX #RELOAD, Blazing Star, Progear no Arashi and others and the games responded very well with the pad.

The thing people may complain about is the USB cable being only 200cm long, which may seem too short for some, but it's enough for me (as 2 USB ports are in front of the tower case on one PC and the other has an USB extension cord). Also, the gamepad only uses USB 1.0 connectivity, which may or may not cause some delayed actions, but I have yet to come across any.

In any case, it's an excellent piece of hardware and I highly recommend it. Get one now before stocks run out!

There's also no manual or written documentation, etc. You get the box and the gamepad. That's about it.

Back