sega has emulated the sega saturn but won't share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Originally posted by fivefeet8+Apr 13, 2003 @ 07:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fivefeet8 @ Apr 13, 2003 @ 07:44 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Caelestis@Apr 13, 2003 @ 02:39 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Cyber Akuma
@Apr 13, 2003 @ 07:31 PM

Use a dos command prompt, goto run and type "command"

I'm guessing I have to have it on my first hard drive then, since I can't get it to switch from my C to my D drive, eh?

No.. All you need to do is type this in a command box:

D:\girigiri-gav\gentoc.exe -bin.cue

One strange thing is.. everytime I use gentoc.exe, it states that it couldn't open the Cue file.. But a toc.bin is actually created... but not in the emu's directory.. The toc.bin is created in my user profiles directory and sometimes in my windows/system/mappi directory.. Using file search, I'm able to find where it was created... Strange.. Maybe putting it into my primary boot drive will fix it.. :smash [/b][/quote]

It keeps telling me it can't open my .bin file... which is odd since I keep typing in .cue

And I can't find a user profiles directory where it might be... but I know it's not there since when I search my drives for a toc.bin file, it's not showing anywhere...

Edit:

I'd renamed my files from sf3 scenario 2(jap).cue and sf3 scenario 2(jap).bin to sf3.cue and sf3.bin because I thought the extra space in there might be screwing some things up. I'd already moved everything over into the c drive so it was something like this.

c:\girigiri-gav\gentoc sf3.cue

When I did that it gave me the basic header and the 2 added "blah" lines... then unable to open SF3 SCENARIO2(JAP).BIN

I rebooted because I assumed something might be cached... but it still pulls that up when I try to run it. I can't figure out for the life of me what I'm doing wrong...

Maybe just a guess here, but open your cue with notepad and change the name of the original bin file to the name it ist now.

eg:

open it and replace the entry " SF3 SCENARIO2(JAP).BIN" to "sf3.bin"

Tell me, did you create the bin say on your desktop, then move it into the folder containing the saturn emulator?

If so open the cue and it'll probably say on the first line "FILE "C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\JOHN\DESKTOP\SF3 SCENARIO2(JAP).BIN BINARY"

But now you have moved it away from the desktop, so when you run gentoc the cue tells it the .bin file is still on the desktop when it isn't so simply remove the directory part so it simply says "FILE "SF3 SCENARIO2(JAP).BIN BINARY", as long as your keeping both cue and bin in the same folder that is otherwise just change the directory name to point to the .bin file
cool.gif

Thought I'd finally give it a go.. Seems like I'm the only person who can't get the CD to work in 98
biggrin.gif
. Tried messing with all the .ini's, but no use. I'm guessing someone will put out a version with all the wrinkles ironed out before long, it is early days.

I still wish Sega would just sell the damned emu and make some cash.. Since they're generally a pretty forward-thinking company, I'd like to credit them with seeing some potential in emulation rather than just ignoring/attacking it like most other companies do.

It's comical how I_Hate_Registering_Just_To_Lurk posted now, just yesterday I was thinking we should start a post up for all the lurkers to say something and then let them crawl back behind the sofa when it's done
smile.gif

Originally posted by THL@Apr 13, 2003 @ 08:32 PM

Maybe just a guess here, but open your cue with notepad and change the name of the original bin file to the name it ist now.

eg:

open it and replace the entry " SF3 SCENARIO2(JAP).BIN" to "sf3.bin"

That did it.
smile.gif

Thank you all very, very much...

*is now happily playing his games*

for those who have problem with gentoc, try this method instead:

- IN THE DIRECTORY WHERE GENTOC AND THE .CUE, .BIN FILES ARE, create a .bat file and names it as you want

- add this line "gentoc file.cue" in this file and save it ... where "file" is the name of your cue
smile.gif

- double-click on this .bat file and you should have a .toc file generated IN THE SAME DIRECTORY

launching gentoc with the full pathname maybe is the source of the problem (depends on Windows configuration)

by the way, i try to make bin+cue with some cd which were not recognized as saturn games and mounted them with daemon tools (drive H:). I launch gsaturn -DISK on this drive and they worked ! so I reburnt this bin+cue on a cd on again ... launch gsaturn -DISK on the real cd drive ... and this time, the games launched !

so, try to reburn cd's that are not recognized, it may work
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by vbt+Apr 13, 2003 @ 10:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vbt @ Apr 13, 2003 @ 10:25 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-M3d10n@Apr 13, 2003 @ 02:09 PM

1) Go to windows\profiles\saturn, open USER.INI

2) Append these two lines to the file:

Code:
[CD]

DriveLetter=X

It seems it doesn't work with Daemon tool
sad.gif
when I put Z (my DVD) it works perfectly and when I use Y it continues to run games on Z. [/b][/quote]

uhm... i've run a lot of iso+mp3 using daemon tools, under xp.

have you converted mp3 to wav?

Please Help!!!!

I have many saturn isos, but they are in different format ( they arent in bin+cue). Is here way to work them. I tried daimont tools (i generated virtual disk with iso) and then through wincdr created bin+cue format. But this is not working by me. Gentoc says:

Horray! A mangled image detected!

Well, if you can get -DISK support to work you can just burn the image. If not I would suggest emulating it (I prefer Alcohol 120%) and then ripping it into a bin/cue format. Dont forget to read the ripping FAQS here to make sure you choose the right settings.

Also, some programs like CDRWIN3 put a path as well as a filename in the cue, be sure to remove the path.

E.G. it might say "C:\temp\saturn\saturngame.bin" instead of just "saturngame.bin"

Originally posted by Caelestis+Apr 13, 2003 @ 01:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Caelestis @ Apr 13, 2003 @ 01:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cyber Akuma@Apr 13, 2003 @ 07:31 PM

I'm guessing I have to have it on my first hard drive then, since I can't get it to switch from my C to my D drive, eh? [/b][/quote]

(sorry, just saw this)

Ummm, you can change to any drive in a command prompt with typing the drive letter followed by a colon, eg:

C:

A:

D:

Also, I am not trying to insult you, but in case you dont know the other common dos commands here they are (at least the only ones you would need to run girigiri):

"cd .." (go to the previous directory)

"cd\" (go to root directory)

"cd girigiri" go to the diectory girigiri

"dir" list files in current directory"

"dir/p" list files in directory by pausing each page

"gentoc saturngame.cue" use gentoc to make a toc,bin out of saturngame.cue

Hope that helps

Originally posted by Cyber Akuma+Apr 14, 2003 @ 03:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cyber Akuma @ Apr 14, 2003 @ 03:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Caelestis@Apr 13, 2003 @ 01:39 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Cyber Akuma
@Apr 13, 2003 @ 07:31 PM

I'm guessing I have to have it on my first hard drive then, since I can't get it to switch from my C to my D drive, eh?

(sorry, just saw this)

Ummm, you can change to any drive in a command prompt with typing the drive letter folloed by a colon, eg:

C:

A:

D:

Also, I am not trying to insult you, but in case you dont know the other common dos commands here they are (at least the only ones you would need to run girigiri):

"cd .." (go to the previous directory)

"cd\" (go to root directory)

"cd girigiri" go to the diectory girigiri

"dir" list files in current directory"

"dir/p" list files in directory by pausing each page

"gentoc saturngame.cue" use gentoc to make a toc,bin out of saturngame.cue

Hope that helps [/b][/quote]

Yeah, I knew all of the other commands... it's just been so long since I used DOS I forgot the most basic one.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Eke@Apr 14, 2003 @ 05:13 AM

for those who have problem with gentoc, try this method instead:

- IN THE DIRECTORY WHERE GENTOC AND THE .CUE, .BIN FILES ARE, create a .bat file and names it as you want

- add this line "gentoc file.cue" in this file and save it ... where "file" is the name of your cue
smile.gif

- double-click on this .bat file and you should have a .toc file generated IN THE SAME DIRECTORY

launching gentoc with the full pathname maybe is the source of the problem (depends on Windows configuration)

by the way, i try to make bin+cue with some cd which were not recognized as saturn games and mounted them with daemon tools (drive H:). I launch gsaturn -DISK on this drive and they worked ! so I reburnt this bin+cue on a cd on again ... launch gsaturn -DISK on the real cd drive ... and this time, the games launched !

so, try to reburn cd's that are not recognized, it may work
rolleyes.gif

I have done taht. Still didn´t create the toc.bin file >_<

I have already tried all the methods mentioned and still no shit of a file!!

Crap, 8000+ views already!!!

Gotta be a record, and I still have not used this emulator yet :\

Someday I'll try it out

Well it IS one of the biggest things to happen to sega emulation ever, I am not even sure if the release of Icarius will be this big, since when its out it wont run nearly as fast and wont be as big a deal since sega themselves didnt make it, plus its easy to get a dreamcast for cheap.

in the readme it says:

"Run glaunch.exe with a full pathname(e.g. If you have all the files in

c:\girigiri, then run the program as c:\girigiri\glaunch)."

what does "full pathname" mean, i just click on the glaunch.exe as for any other executable....dont understand what this means.......

Also, what speeds [FPS] are people getting for radiant silvergun?

Pretty pissed off I would imagine <_< <_<

They were number one in saturn emulation (IMO) ... but now... number two *snigger*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back