Sega to unveil loads of new games

Oh yeah I forgot about the whole chapter thing.

I need to get back into the game again.

I'm still on the first disc of the first game.

Hard to find the time for it.

I´ve never played the Shenmue games..but then I don´t own a dreamcast...my brother owns one and I might give them a try when I got the time.....

What I really would like to see, is some effort being but into developing new and fresh shot em ups....with todays consoles....that shouldnt be a problem...I miss the good old days.....I love my recently bought Sega Saturn(thanx racketboy, you are the best)...

Racket, don't tell me you've never completed Shenmue I OR II... jeez, the first disc of Shenmue I is like the least action-packed part of the entire series (excepting maybe disc 4 of Shenmue II)...

Originally posted by it290@Mar 26, 2004 @ 12:29 AM

Racket, don't tell me you've never completed Shenmue I OR II... jeez, the first disc of Shenmue I is like the least action-packed part of the entire series (excepting maybe disc 4 of Shenmue II)...

that would probably explain my lack of motivation

so far it's been a bit boring

Didn't they have a Streets of Rage brewing for the DC? it was a firt person game or sumthin....I remember seein a video for it sumwhere.

yeah they did -- still little skeptical on that idea though.

they would be better off with a tradition SOR -- but somehow I don't think they'd go for that.

-For any information about Shenmue 3 and what has been proposed, check out the Shenmue Dojo. It contains all sorts of information about the sequel, the series and its path according to Suzuki. Shen3 would not be the end of the series, but rather the second last. Suzuki no longer heads the project (from what i am told) meaning that the game could go either way.

I personally am excited to see how this new guy can make the game can direct the game more realistically. In terms of dialogue and character interaction. Plus a proper english dub is way overdue.

-I for one can only hope for a new Phantasy Star title also. The most realistic thing for Sega to do would be to announce the game, although not have it released until after the remakes for PS2 and EOTM hit shelves.

-I hope that exclusive developing rights dont go directly to SonicTeam. I would love more than anything to see the original team back together, but would definetley 'settle' for a joint development involving Overworks and ST.

-I have been hoping for a Fighters Megamix sequel. There is nothing I would like more than to see a new FM take that rotten mascot battle throne from Super Smash brothers, and then smash it, indefinetley destroying that ridiculous forumla Nintendo insists on using. Fighting games should be just that, technical battles requiring skill, precision and proper execution not this sloppy button mashing 'everycharacter has 4 moves' BS.

I mean come on, whats more fun to use? Smash brothers Link or Soul Calibur Link?

A new Rez.

A new NiGHTS

Although the forumla would be difficult to execute profitably since now since i would not appear as flashy as it once did. The flash drew people to it in the day, not the promise of flying jesters and addictive gameplay.

The revival of Technosoft and a new ThunderForce game.

Yup.

Im looney

Originally posted by schi0249@Mar 25, 2004 @ 03:15 PM

I really hope the rumors of a new PS offline game are true. Whether it is 5, or the start of a new series, i don't care.

Yeah, I'd like it if they started a new PS series.

I guess it would be pretty weird if it took place in the Algo star system at this point. Maybe they could do a prequel to PS1 or something though, that would be alright (although I prefer the more high-tech style of PSII and IV).

Sonic Team needs to redeem themselves after Sonic Heroes, by making another Sonic Adventure with just Sonic in it. Don't they realize no one likes playing as any of the other characters?

If it were up to me the new games would be:

Shenmue III, Phantasy Star V, Skies of Arcadia 2, Streets of Rage 4, Rez 2, Jet Set Radio 3, Panzer Dragoon 5, House of the Dead 4, Crazy Taxi 4, Virtua Fighter 5, Fighters Megamix 2, a remake of Panzer Dragoon Saga so that more people can get to play it, Sakura Wars all games translated and on one DVD, and NiGHTS 2.

and all the games would have Segata Sanshirou as a secret character.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Mar 27, 2004 @ 07:10 AM

Sonic Team needs to redeem themselves after Sonic Heroes, by making another Sonic Adventure with just Sonic in it. Don't they realize no one likes playing as any of the other characters?

I liked Gamma too, and then there's Shadow in SA2. I wouldn't mind if some of the "power" style characters had levels with lots of fighting, and speed characters obviously could have great levels. I don't know what you'd do with tails and the like anymore. But I don't like having to use all 3 types at once, drives me nuts. I find myself forging ahead with just the speed character whenever possible.

They should just do it like Sonic and Knuckles, each character plays the same levels, with their unique abilities allowing for alternates routes through the levels. They could also have the Sonic with Tails following mode as well.

Yes I agree with most of you

What about Guardian Heroes 2 or remake

Phantasy Star xtreme like not online but Devil May Cry type gameplay

4 players rpg like Or just the Rpg

Dragon force remake, sequel and/or collection

Shinings Must COME!!

Streets of rage I would accept classic style but they can severely bring it up to date

OH there are lots of games that can be remade updated or whatever

What about the Lost Collection alot of cancelled and unfinished product

Split Screen Adventure Sonic No crytal crumbs and Tails using his tails

sorry

Guardian Heroes would look SOOOO pretty on the GCN.....and w/ Lan play, woot!

As for the Steets of Rage thing...I love beat-em ups and I doubt they could improve a whole hell of a lot on what they already have (which is why they prob. haven't made a 4 yet). If they can do a good trasition from 2D to 3D (Zelda comes to mind) then by all means I think they should go ahead and do it.

Guardian Heroes 2 would be great, but it's another hard one to sell to execs, plus wouldn't you have to get Treasure on board?

I don't think Treasure is gonna make a Guardian Heroes 2; they don't really do sequels.

And 'Phantasy Star Xtreme'... DMC-like gameplay? That would suck! Don't mess with my PS even more. Sega already has the likes of Gungrave and Shinobi for that type of thing anyway.

Streets of Rage.. well, Fighting Force was originally going to be SoR4. A lot of people hated that game, but I didn't think it was that bad. Not SoR quality though, for sure. Sega has a lot of experience with 3d beat 'em ups, and although none of them have been stellar (well, Die Hard Arcade was above average), I think it could be done. I believe Yuzo Koshiro has expressed some interest. At this point I'd almost rather see it on the GBA though, but that wouldn't really work without multiplayer. I know it won't happen, but SoR4 should stick to 2d.

With 'Phantasy Star Xtreme' I meant just if they were going to update the PSO engine with better play mechanics to draw more people (doesn't have to be PS). And still not online if something must be lost.

I would love to see PS V RPG with up to date graphics.

I as highly duobt a treasure sequel, I can only hope.

Lot of Saturn Game sequel would be great.

Genesis also (like Ristar)

Sega Doesn't seem to be big on making anymore sequels to some of their most loved games (aside from Sonic)

:blah

Originally posted by Banisher@Mar 27, 2004 @ 08:55 PM

Sega Doesn't seem to be big on making anymore sequels to some of their most loved games (aside from Sonic)

:blah

Well from the news that has just surfaced and the topic of this thread, obviously they DO want to make some sequels to their big franchises.

I wouldnt mind seeing some Phantasy Star characters guesting in a fighting game, but not too often. I got really sick of many things Final Fantasy once the characters began popping up everywhere.

Yeah, Nei would kick ass in a 3d fighter.

Another thing I would love to see is Sega resurrecting development on that Chakan game that was canned for the DC. It looked uber sweet.

Back