Truth or fiction?

They said we'd never guess...

So, teaming up with MicroSquash to develop Xbox 2, possible, but not likely. We could guess that.

Teaming up with Nintendo to develop something, possible in the far future, but the N isn't suffering that badly right now, and it is something people have guessed already.

Relaunching the DC in the US, possible, wishful, but not likely in the least. Plus people have ventured that guess already.

Here's one that nobody's touched yet... They announce that they've licensed the Genesis (MegaDrive) system to a third party, similar to what they did with Majesco a few years back, and they're producing a new, improved version of the Nomad. I would love that, but it isn't very likely.

Here's a good one... SEGA is getting back into the hardware business... The PC hardware business. They plan to launch their own line of mail-order PC's to compete with Dell and Gateway. I'd say cool, but that ain't all that likely.

The announcement will be one of two things: Either the expected let-down where they just announce some new games, many of which we already know about (not that the games would be let-downs, but it would be a let-down for that to be all the hype was over), or they announce surprising management or staff changes at SoA. I think the latter is a distinct possibility. They could be building hype to make a big announcement that they've hired some big name programmer away from PC developement somewhere. They could be replacing the head of operations with someone that'll make us say "wow." Or maybe they just sold off one of their development teams to another company (SEGA Sports team to Microsoft, whatever).

Whatever it is, don't think it has to be directly game related just because it is at E3. SEGA of Japan would handle most announcements pertaining to more than one region. For SEGA of America to be making a big announcement means it most likely won't affect the worldwide markets.

Anyway, right now might be a good time to pick up some SoA stock. I bet it'll rise right before the announcement, then fall as the announcement happens. If you manage to sell right before the fall, you could make a few bucks.

Originally posted by VertigoXX@May 5, 2004 @ 07:42 AM

The announcement will be one of two things: Either the expected let-down where they just announce some new games, many of which we already know about (not that the games would be let-downs, but it would be a let-down for that to be all the hype was over), or they announce surprising management or staff changes at SoA. I think the latter is a distinct possibility. They could be building hype to make a big announcement that they've hired some big name programmer away from PC developement somewhere. They could be replacing the head of operations with someone that'll make us say "wow." Or maybe they just sold off one of their development teams to another company (SEGA Sports team to Microsoft, whatever).

Whatever it is, don't think it has to be directly game related just because it is at E3. SEGA of Japan would handle most announcements pertaining to more than one region. For SEGA of America to be making a big announcement means it most likely won't affect the worldwide markets.

Anyway, right now might be a good time to pick up some SoA stock. I bet it'll rise right before the announcement, then fall as the announcement happens. If you manage to sell right before the fall, you could make a few bucks.

Nah.. they said it would be explosive..

...:: They've got Weapons Of Mass Destruction!!! :flamethrower: :rolleyes: :lol: ::...

Hey VertigoXX I agree with you about the new Nomad. This is what I think:

1. It would be 100% compatible with an old succesful console with 1000 games or so. Sega could re-release old games and make new ones and Genesis owners could buy them also.

2. It would be less powerful than the rest but much cheaper (like Game Boy years ago).

3. It would have a good screen and batteries.

4. It could consist of two models: Nomad 2 ( a cheap, small, nice Nomad) and Nomad 2 Plus (the same but with a flash memory for mp3, radio... and a higher price).

Originally posted by Xavier@May 4, 2004 @ 01:04 AM

THe dreamcast had over 250 releases in less than 2 years hows that a lack of third party support

If you look at the release list in the Help / FAQ section, you'll notice that a lot of those titles were pretty lousy.

Out of curiousity, what were the most notable 3rd party games not made by sega?

Maybe they caught Binladen!?!!?!

That'd be pretty explosive, haha. Maybe he'll be featured in upcomming Sega commercials?

Not only have they aquired weapons of mass destruction, they have aquired Afghanistan. That is how they capture Osama. They are gonna convert it into a giant amusemant park. SEGALAND.

Or more probable, they have aquired some company. Maybe even Interplay. They have hired back Black Isle and are going to finish Fallout 3. This group will become their PC development team.

Originally posted by schi0249@May 5, 2004 @ 04:36 PM

Not only have they aquired weapons of mass destruction, they have aquired Afghanistan. That is how they capture Osama. They are gonna convert it into a giant amusemant park. SEGALAND.

I hope they plan on terraforming it.

Black Isle is pretty awesome, but I think it'd be more likely that they bought a third world country...

More likely than not, it will be the game we have all been waiting for.

Crazy Taxi : The Shooting, that is.

Back