Virtua Fighter 5 Confirmed

I doubt Tri-Force... AM2 tends to make a big big graphical leap between each Virtua Fighter version... Chihiro may be the one, or even a NAOMI4 (By 4, I mean with 4 GPUs).

I hope this comes to xbox, but it will come to ps2 or ps 3....lol.. (if that ever comes out)....lol :lol:

They should do like Soul Calibur 2 and go multiplatform.

If there is a big graphical jump though, PS2 is gonna look a little long in the tooth.

I think it's far too early to be looking at VF5, I think VF5 would fair better as a lauch title for the next gen of consoles.. If they should be doing anything with the VF series it's porting VF4:Evo to the GC and X-box, especially the GC since GC owners have little to choose from other than Soul Calibur and Super Smash Bros... The GC in general could use a swift kick in the ass from SEGA as far as I'm concerned, there's a defenite lack of diversity on the GC and if SEGA offered up some of the goods(meaning something other than platformers) I believe they could snatch up an even larger portion of the GC market(seeing as SEGA does fairly well on the GC already).

I agree, Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution is still a big hit, especially at Game Centers, with the VF.net system.

According to Magic Box:

- RUMOR: Sega-AM2 is planning to release another upgrade to Virtua Fighter 4 in arcade this summer, the game is tentatively called Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution 2, the game will run on the NAOMI 2 arcade board.

- Sega-AM2 president Makoto Osaki confirmed that Virtua Fighter 5 is in development, the game will run on a brand new arcade board, instead of using existing technology (TriForce, Chihiro, Naomi 2).

If you take the whole Sammy thing into view as well it might be whatever next craptastic stuff Sammy is gonna come out with next. Wouldn't surprise me if they used VF5 as a selling point for whatever next high-end hardware they'll put out.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Feb 12, 2004 @ 01:10 PM

If you take the whole Sammy thing into view as well it might be whatever next craptastic stuff Sammy is gonna come out with next. Wouldn't surprise me if they used VF5 as a selling point for whatever next high-end hardware they'll put out.

Oi! Guilty Gear > *

And it'd be really, REALLY funny if VF5 was on Atomiswave... imagine VF becoming 2D! XD

Originally posted by gameboy900@Feb 14, 2004 @ 12:26 AM

Notice I said next HIGH-END hardware. I wasn't talking about the crapiswave thing.

Interesting, I thought everyone here loved the Dreamcast.

Good point.. keep in mind the atomiswave hardware is based off of the DC, so if you're ripping on the atomiswave you're technically taking a stab at the DC also... And while I definetely think it's to early forf a VF5 I do like Sammy's idea of cheap arcade games on cheap hardware.

I think of Naomi as the DC of the arcades thank you. Sammy is just getting in on some cheap parts to make something that appears similar to the DC. And I am hardly taking a stab at the DC having over 230 original games for it.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Feb 14, 2004 @ 01:25 PM

I think of Naomi as the DC of the arcades thank you. Sammy is just getting in on some cheap parts to make something that appears similar to the DC. And I am hardly taking a stab at the DC having over 230 original games for it.

Well, sorry but NAOMI is more powerful than the Dreamcast, while Atomiswave is just as powerful as the DC.

Naomi is pretty much more powerful in memory only though IIRC, not processing power. But yeah, it is a bit of a step up.

The only difference between the DC and Naomi (that I know of) is this:

NAOMI: 32 MB RAM, 16 MB VRAM, 8 MB Sound RAM, 2.5 Million Polys per Second

Dreamcast: 16 MB RAM, 8 MB VRAM, 2 MB Sound RAM, 3 Million Polys per second.

I've read the the Dreamcast can push up to 3.5 Milion polys in certain cases.

Some very serious guy calculated on it and he said that the Dc can calculate 10 million polys every second. However, then you would only have like 8 mb left for textures and the game. I think that the game Test Drive : Le Mans has 6 million polys, but that might just be rumors.

Back